Forums Latest Members

Need more Information about this model

1. aw5588 Nov 25, 2016

Hi,
    I Need more Information about this watch:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/152325562122Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I tried to google, but found just a little information.
    Can you give me more info?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MPWATCH Watch Lover Nov 25, 2016

All information in posted on the user's profile. You will need to be more specific when asking for additional information. What specifically are you questioning? Many OF users appreciate reasoning or specifics.

Best,

Thomas

3. aw5588 Nov 25, 2016

Thank you for your replay. I know, that there is much information shared in the article. In fact, i just know infos about the UG tri-compax and UG triple calendar.

I dont know anything about ref. 100101, so how old are these watches, are they rare, what is the price range, is the posted watch all original and is it a good ivestment?

These are my first questions ;-)

4. MPWATCH Watch Lover Nov 25, 2016

Start with a search of the model in prices realized from online bidding platforms. After you'd found those results, use that information to further your search through the forums. Not that users here are not willing to help, but throwing an eBay link & saying "fetch" is not the best way to go about obtaining addition information! Search the piece in the forum's database to see if anyone else has questioned a similar ref. Watch collecting is like being a detective, it's what makes this fun. Dive in!

Thomas

Foo2rama, aw5588 and watchknut like this.
  5. Vitezi Nov 25, 2016

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. gop76 Nov 25, 2016

First of all, UG three handers, Polerouters aside, are unknown territory but...

Two or three things:

The serial is odd, a bumper model should be from the 50's but the serial on this one, if i'm seeing right, put it much, much later in fact i never saw a serial so high... And i'm not mentioning the fact that, it looks like someone tried to hide the real serial with a random one, what makes me suspicious about the provenance of this watch

The dial doesn't have the finish and crispness i would expect from a 50's UG and i, also, suspect that something is missing above the subdial like "Monodatic" for example...

I wouldn't put my money on this one but that's me...

7. Carlton-Browne Nov 25, 2016

I have reservations about the dial and I don't like the way that the serial number appears to be overstamped. I also doubt, in the current market, whether paying over £/$/€/CHF1k for something that is 3 handed and doesn't have Pole(a)router or Golden Shadow on the dial is entirely sensible. I realise that we are only a Hodinkee feature away from me having to eat these last words.

aap and Vitezi like this.
  8. aw5588 Nov 25, 2016

Thank you all. I am infected with the UG-Virus ;-)

Vitezi likes this.
  9. Jonatan Nov 25, 2016

To add to what has already been said...

I am almost certain that this watch has been redialed. The "V" of Universal seems too wide at the base, the "E"s of Geneve are not even and the Geneve itself is not centered with Universal. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the shielded U logo which seems correct.

That serial number is also strange.

gop76 likes this.
  10. gop76 Nov 25, 2016

By the reference, I'm convinced that is a Monodatic redialed...

Carlton-Browne likes this.
  11. Jonatan Nov 25, 2016

12. Jonatan Nov 25, 2016

Both are from Genova, Italy!! Could they be from the same redialer? Coincidence...
    I would have also guessed a monodatic with the bumper movement and dial lay out.

gop76 likes this.
  13. gop76 Nov 25, 2016

Yes, coincidence for sure...

14. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 26, 2016

Redial ...

15. aw5588 Nov 27, 2016

Thank you... I think, it's not the right watch.

16. jban Nov 27, 2016

Every time I look at that watch auction and zoom into the back to study the serial number I am blown away at how much it looks like it has been altered.

If we had to register watches like we do automobiles/motorcycles and this watch were being checked by someone in an agency against its title the only thing I can envision hearing them say is, "you're kidding, right?"

For the record, I'm not implying that it is a purposeful deception on the sellers part, they may have not looked closely or had some explanation for the situation.

UniversalGeneveSerialNumberComparisonDetail.jpg
    Edited Nov 27, 2016
  17. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 27, 2016

I've seen this before on redials or modified ( Chrono to medico) . No way this came from the factory.

18. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Nov 27, 2016

Unfortunately I have one like that - did not appreciate it until after the buy and return was not an option (surprise!). Definitely tampered with.