Forums Latest Members
  1. AveConscientia Sep 2, 2016

My first watch was according my dad a Vietnam surplus watch does anybody know more? Seems strange to be a Japan movement in that era. Dad got it for me on my first trip to Seattle.
    image.jpg

2. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Sep 2, 2016

Take some pictures of the case back, the movement and the inside of the case back. These will contain serial/reference numbers that will be key for trying to learn about the watch. I'm no expert, but the more photos you can provide the more accurate info will be provided.

As I saw a comment on a similar post....

"help us help you"

3. AveConscientia Sep 2, 2016

Will do

4. AveConscientia Sep 2, 2016

Case back image.jpg

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 2, 2016

It's made in Tiawan, and while Japan movements existed in that era, I highly doubt this is Vietnam era.

1.It's a luminova type dial
    2.Taiwan would not have been producing watches at that time
    3.Case back is too modern.
    4.It's Quartz

Not strange at all for a Japanese movement in that era. Seiko arguably made the first automatic chronograph in the late 60's and Seiko divers where common watches for people in the military to own. Japanese watch making goes back really far, and was very advanced by the 60's.

Edited Sep 2, 2016
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 2, 2016

Some more info, after a quick google... US Time was the Company that became Timex in 1968, this is not one of those watches. It just has the same name on the dial. Currently you can buy this exact watch and they are currently made in China. It is on Amazon for less then $16 https://www.amazon.com/194A-U-S-Time-Ranger-Watch/dp/B00BPE92UE

Sorry.

7. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Sep 2, 2016

You cannot put a price on sentimental value however. If it's means something to you that is what matters.

8. AveConscientia Sep 2, 2016

Oh well it has not worked for years