Forums Latest Members

Need identification, close to no information

1. BluTheMacaw May 6, 2017

Hi guys, my dad handed me a longines watch, it's a windup watch(sure if it's the correct term) and I tried to look up on information on it but to no avail even the longines watch identifier, I tot I could post it here and maybe someone may have seen it before
    Please do help me

One of the photos of the back case has a number, there's a number "1" in front of the whole thing that my phone can't capture

20170507_011306.jpg 20170507_011323.jpg
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado May 6, 2017

Style puts it probably in the late 70s, gold-plated top and stainless steel back.

argonbeam likes this.
  3. BluTheMacaw May 6, 2017

Do they like only produce a certain amount? I can't seem to identify them thru Google or their website or any other identifier website

4. argonbeam May 6, 2017

Agree. Longines 832 manual wind movement started production 1974. A slight modification of pvs 420, and the 19.4 before that. Most Swiss watch companies were facing hard times in the 70's, including Longines. Lots of similar watches to the one you show, with gold plating and stainless back. A movement and inner caseback shot sent to Longines might allow them to provide more information through their historical watch service. This particular watch is not a collector's item or such, but has a good in-house movement (later Longines often used other brands movements simply finished or signed by Longines) and with a service, some cleaning, and a new strap, could be a nice piece, especially given the family history. If you do replace the band, make sure to keep the original buckle (if it is still the original), as lots of folks toss them with the band.

5. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept May 7, 2017

Longines never makes it's production numbers public. So you just got the best info you will get on how many of those were made.

6. BluTheMacaw May 7, 2017

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the information! I guess I'll try to send it for repairs, it's just probably jammed from long term stale. Well it's a nice plain piece, I'll remember to keep the strap!