Forums Latest Members
  1. chetzemiah Aug 30, 2015

Hello to everyone. I'm new around here writing with a dilema. Found this Omega De Ville among some old things in my fathers basement and wonderd if it's geniuine or it's a fake.

Can anyone give me an opinion about it?

Thanks a lot.

received_10153698813648738.jpeg received_10153698813658738.jpeg received_10153698813668738.jpeg
  2. Willem023 Aug 30, 2015

What have you already found out yourself on this watch?

3. chetzemiah Aug 30, 2015

Nothing other than it's an Omega De Ville. I don't know anything else. What period it's from, whether if it's authentic or not....!? I googled a lot about this kind of watch and I found a lot about Omega "Seamaster" Deville but nothing about simple Deville. I know nothing about watches and I thought I could get an answer on this forum.

Thanks a lot

4. Willem023 Aug 30, 2015

I meant: the 4th pic on Google when you type in 'Omega De Ville vintage' -you said it is an old watch- gives you rather much info on the watch.
    Case looks the same, although yours is SS and movement on Google is automatic, but it will start you up quite nicely. Gives you info on the approx date etcetera.
    We usually love to learn here... ::book::::book::

5. ChrisN Aug 30, 2015

I'm not sure as there are lots of models similar to this.

It does look like a 60s Omega De Ville Manual wind so, likely a 601 calibre. Try searching including the "601" and it might get you closer.

I see Willem has answered as well when I was typing.

Regards, Chris

chetzemiah likes this.
  6. chetzemiah Aug 30, 2015

I tried to learn on my own but as I said I found a lot of " variations" of Deville ( automatic, semaster, chronograph) but no simple Deville. Everyone needs a teacher when it comes to learning something.
    Maybe when I will send it to a watchmaker to service it inside I will find more data inside that could help me.

P.S. what does SS movement is? Told you I know nothing about watches.

7. chetzemiah Aug 30, 2015

Thank Chris. I will try it.

8. Willem023 Aug 30, 2015

SS stands for stainless steel and I think it would be a good idea to let a well-informed watchmaker (so not your watchman around the corner) open up the case so you know what calibre the movement is. Like @ChrisN suggested
    Happy hunting!!

9. ChrisN Aug 30, 2015

Could be this?

http://www.sibelle.info/watches/omegas/omega5.htm

You can just about see the Seahorse on the back like yours but, it's been polished a lot (bad thing) as it's gold. When your Watchmaker opens it, he can give you the model number, possibly 135.xxxx from the case back and the calibre (likely 601 for me) and the movement serial number. Get him to fit a new crystal as that will look a lot better.

Looks a nice watch to own.

Cheers, Chris

10. chetzemiah Aug 30, 2015

Hell yeah...! sorry for the language. Yes that's it. Well after 2 days of digging, you found it in 5 min.
    Thanks a lot. In the following days I will send it to a watchmaker ( not around the corner offcourse) and find the model number inside.

P.S. found out more about it.

Thanks thanks thanks

Screenshot from 2015-08-30 22:09:59.png
    ChrisN likes this.
  11. ChrisN Aug 30, 2015

I don't know what country you're in but there may be one not far anyway. Search this forum for recommended Watchmakers. I'm guessing that as you used 'basement', you're in USA and there are plenty of people on here who are also there.

That does look like it. When it's serviced, you can wear it everyday.:thumbsup:

Cheers, Chris

12. chetzemiah Aug 30, 2015

Nope, I'm from Romania. The watch maker I found has good referrals from a lot of people. ( also he is fellow of“British Horological Institute”!? Does that say anything to you.)

I will return with more details.

Thanks again.