Forums Latest Members
  1. alexiwo Jan 4, 2016

Hi everyone,

I have this watch from my grandfather.. it's nothing special but it is special to me. and i've got a couple of questions about it because I know very little from omega, and I want to learn about it.

- which specific model is this and from which year?
    - it's not the original strap so what strap did they put on this specific model ?

and lastly, the watch doesn't run very accurate so i want to restore it but should is replace the glass and crown ? or should i keep it original as possible.

thanks in advance!

thumb_IMG_3126_1024.jpg

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 4, 2016

Service, new crown and crystal at a Omega accredited watchmaker and it will come up a treat.

A nice leather of any decent brand will do.

All the numbers for better ID are inside the case back, others here might know more with out.

alexiwo likes this.
  3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 4, 2016

PatrickJ and JohnSteed like this.
  4. cristos71 Jan 4, 2016

Hardly necessary for such a simple watch. Looks like a basic gold plated automatic Geneve with probably a cal 565, possibly a 166.041. But I doubt very much it is the ladies 566.0036 that you linked to.

5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 4, 2016

Oops, I was looking at the shape of the case, not the dimensions. It may be simple for you to know by looking at it but some of us are still learning and a quick glance is hardly sufficient.

6. Jhh834 Really, I only owned it for 2 weeks! Jan 4, 2016

That looks just like the watch my grandfather was given for retirement, except his has the company logo where he worked instead of Geneve. I had a new crystal installed and put a new leather strap on it. Looks great now. I'll try to post a pic later today.

alexiwo likes this.
  7. West Slope Jan 4, 2016

Wow....I have the same watch and the same questions. Once I get back my Mark 4.5 I was going to see about the value/cost of service for it. Notice the different crystal and mine has a cheap metal band.....I am also curious about the small T's yours has before and after the swiss made notation on the bottom of the face (mine doesn't have that).

IMG_20160104_120818415.jpg