Forums Latest Members
  1. Crossfire Jun 22, 2014

I'm not sure if it is solid gold. May I know your opinion? There should be more gold signatures and Omega signatures on the back. Don't you think? I appreciate any help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Jun 22, 2014

May be the movement and dial were recased in a non-Omega case (like it was in steel from Omega but the owner wanted a gold watch). With what is shown, the case claims to be 18k solid gold.
    This may or may not be true. It would have to be tested to be certain.

3. Crossfire Jun 22, 2014

Maybe someone else could say something more. I'm thinking about buying this watch but not sure if it is real solid gold. In other model there are more signatures inside the back of the case.

4. bieb1 Jun 22, 2014

As far as I know, Omega gold cases all have a gold mark on both the case back and the case itself, usually on the lugs or with older models on the side of the case. You can find good examples on Google. One mark on older models, two marks on more recent models. It can be that the mark on the lugs has been polished off, but in most cases you can still see an outline of where the mark used to be. If you cannot find any trace of a gold mark on the case, I would seriously question whether you are dealing with a true gold case.

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 22, 2014

Even if it is gold, its not a SWISS case or even an American one, so collector potential is non existent.

Save your money and find a nice fully hallmarked watch.

Time Exposure likes this.
  6. John R Smith Jun 22, 2014

This one does not looks good. As Norm says, save your money and spend it elsewhere.

7. Crossfire Jun 22, 2014

Ok, thanks for the fast responds. I will leave this watch and try to find another.