Forums Latest Members
  1. jshaw083 Oct 23, 2017

Hi guys,

I'm very new to looking into vintage watches. I'm interested in buying a vintage omega seamaster. Someone in my city is selling this one, and I'm tempted to avoid shipping charges and duty associated with buying on ebay, etc.

What do you guys think? I can't seem to find similar pictures for an omega bumper automatic like this. The automatic print usually comes above the seamaster logo. Also, I'm usually seeing arabic numerals, rather than just hour marks.

What do you guys think? It doesn't have to be ultra original for me to want to buy it. I'm just looking for a good-looking vintage watch. That being said, I don't want to waste my money.

Omega 1.JPG Omega 2.JPG Omega 3.JPG Omega 4.JPG Omega 5.JPG
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 23, 2017

Better photos and photos of the movement and inside the caseback will get you better answers. Not a lot to work with here.

3. jshaw083 Oct 23, 2017

Current owner and the guy he bought from, neither had pictures of the movement.

4. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Oct 23, 2017

The dial has been repainted and seamaster was added at that time.
    Don't buy it.

McKinley likes this.
  5. McKinley Oct 23, 2017

^
    This, was thinking it myself, but not qualified to say so and waiting for an expert to chime in. LOL

McK

6. jshaw083 Oct 23, 2017

Thank you very much guys. Also noted the seller only owned it for about 2 weeks before trying to sell it again so thought something was fishy