Forums Latest Members
  1. 05tbowner Jan 30, 2013

I just picked up this Tissot bumper at a local auction, and I love it, but it needs some TLC. It needs to be serviced, the crystal needs to be buffed or replaced, and the case has some dings here and there that could be removed. I just was wondering whats the normal price to have a watch serviced and fixed up? I really like the watch, and would love to wear it daily. Thanks in advance guys!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ulackfocus Jan 30, 2013

The cost depends on parts necessary and their availability. If the movement is intact and nothing is broken it shouldn't cost more than $200-ish. If the crystal isn't cracked (can't tell if that line down the middle is a crack or a scratch) then it might be possible to polish out the marks.

3. 05tbowner Jan 30, 2013

The crystal just has some minor scratches, no cracks. Everything sure looks intact, and to be honest doesn't look like anything was ever done to the movement.Do you have anyone you could recommend for doing such a service?

4. ulackfocus Jan 30, 2013

Where are you located? Can you easily ship within the CONUS?

5. 05tbowner Jan 30, 2013

Yup I'm in NY. I don't know if you remember me, I sold you a LeCoultre a few months back.

6. ulackfocus Jan 30, 2013

Oh yeah! The gold filled power reserve. Still got it - keeping it as a parts watch for the black dialed 14ct version I scored a couple months later.

Start a conversation with member N2FHL. His name is Steve and many of us use him. He's in NJ.