Forums Latest Members

Need Help with Longines Chronograph Flyback 30CH Movement

1. relichunter724 Dec 7, 2016

A friend is offering this watch but I don't know much about it, from what I can tell is rare and I love projects but I'm unsure if this project is something that I can complete. From what I can tell the watch needs the crystal and I have been told that it's sort of like screw on crystal?, needs the sweep yellow hand, one pusher and a chronograph lever. I own a watch repair shop so the servicing is no problem but from what I was told the watch is missing a chronograph lever, balance wheel moves freely. If any of you guys can point me in the right direction as to where I could find the crystal and hand would be appreciated.

longines.JPG longines 1.JPG longines 2.JPG longines 3.JPG longines 4.JPG longines 5.JPG
  2. dodo44 Dec 7, 2016

Poor nonius;). The Vernier hands are made of unobtainium. At that stage, it should be considered a donor watch I am afraid (the dial is dead and it is missing the inner second disk).

DirtyDozen12 likes this.
  3. JohnSteed Dec 7, 2016

It's possible (perhaps not probable) that you'll find what you need, much the same way you got this watch, OR, by trolling eBay etc

Pics unclear on my phone so can't evaluate the movement you show

4. omegastar Dec 8, 2016

Very improbable path, that experience has told me not to take. But it's a 30 ch, so if price is good...would be easier to start with a nice dial and hands.

5. dodo44 Dec 8, 2016

The chance of finding a correct dial=minuscule. The chance of finding a vernier scale hand=minuscule. The chance of finding the inner disk second track=minuscule.

The chance of scavenging the correct parts from ebay=minuscule^3.

You would need to find a donor watch for getting those parts and one of the 2 watches (this watch or the other) will be written off in the process (at that point, which watch is the donor is a question of semantics). Of course, if the price is low enough, it is a taker (and it has an original bracelet).

6. yako54 Dec 8, 2016

In a german watch forum it was stated that Longines made only about 300 pcs of this reference. There was no evidence given, but anyway I think it can be considered as the rarest 30CH.

7. Drawarms Dec 9, 2016

Larry S likes this.