Forums Latest Members

Need help with getting the case back off Snap On connie

1. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Mar 5, 2019

Hi Folks,

Need some help in getting this snap off case back. i tried few times its very hard. I worried i will scratch it up.
    I honestly hate this snap on case back. I am in NJ can i go to any watch maker? there are already few hairline scratches near the split wanted to find one who knows what he is doing.

[​IMG]

2. jimmyjay Mar 5, 2019

I can’t see the pic. Please try again.

3. pmontoyap Mar 6, 2019

Snapback cases can be tricky, specially if there is a lot of grime and hasn’t been opened in years. It would be safe to say that even a professional watchmaker could scratch it depending on his technique and patience, and the material of the case as gold cases are much more easier to mark.

Im terrible using a case opening knife and would never recommend to do the following procedure but will still share my method with which I have had good results. I hold the watch on its side ( I place it in the groove of a bracelet pin tool protected with a lens cleansing cloth), F8D38B9E-1896-4287-9686-9EE1F1D10A8A.jpeg

place an X-Acto blade on the case back groove and VEEERYYY gently tap with a watchmaker hammer until the blade opens the space between the case and case back. Of course this is an amateur speaking and as always proceed with caution when working with your watch.

This has worked for me many times without issues, you could easily mark the case underneath the caseback if you use excessive force, but it would be very hard to damage the exterior if you have any handy work skills.

4. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Mar 6, 2019

This sounds scary

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 6, 2019

Have you tried just using your beak ?:D

If not Dennis has very sharp teeth :rolleyes:

sumerian likes this.
  6. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Mar 6, 2019

My beak is good for picking stuff not for opening:)