Forums Latest Members

Need help with Ebay Franken return Claim please

1. Janku Dec 18, 2018

70F7ED19-1CC4-4139-BCB1-8C360F3476BD.png C907CB8A-A61E-4146-91A1-FF879234B85C.png Hi guys! I just bought this watch for £350 as a Christmas present on Ebay. I was hoping it would be ok, as the seller has really good feedback and there was a lot of interest. However, I think it's a fake: not only does it make a ticking sound, but the separation line in the date window looks a bit curved. Also, the seamaster logo looks a bit iffy to me and the case back is on upside down. Should there be a helium valve? What do you think? Many thanks! B078B2BA-3BB3-420D-819D-942E6505E7D6.png

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 18, 2018

Not fake. It’s a bit of a few watches me thinks. And you over payed a fair bit.

You need to see inside the case back to find out the reference.

It’s ticking because it’s quartz.

Curve in the date window is because there are two circles ( bit hard for square in a round watch ;) )

Upside down case back is no issue

No helium valve on this model

Janku likes this.
  3. Bumper Dec 18, 2018

It's real. It's a quartz watch, they tend to tick. No helium valve & the watch is Australian, hence the upside down logo.

Janku likes this.
  4. Janku Dec 18, 2018

Lol! Ok, then! Glad to know that I've not been had - not completely anyway! Just one final query - the hands don't glow in the dark. Would this signify that they're replacements?

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 18, 2018

:( Sorry you have been HAD to the tune of £300

The dial and the hands are new to the watch and don’t have any LUME to glow. It’s just white paint.

Janku likes this.
  6. Janku Dec 18, 2018

Oh dear! So, just to be clear - some of the parts are genuine Omega, possibly taken from different watches, whereas the hands are not Omega at all? If that's the case, I should probably report them to Ebay, as the description was misleading. Many thanks for your input.

7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 18, 2018

Hands and dial are from omega but didn’t come on the watch but out of a packet from omega a few weeks ago.

You know you should have done this before you bought the watch

Can you post a link to the eBay listing.

Janku likes this.
  8. Janku Dec 18, 2018

I came to you to a few days ago to ask about another watch, and, to be honest, I felt embarrassed to ask for advice again. Lesson learnt. My purchase has disappeared from by Ebay history - probably because I've just come off the phone to Ebay. It doesn't sound as if they'll do very much, though, as the seller has such good feedback.

However, here's a link to a very similar item from the same seller:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMEGA-SE...m=302993066427&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

And here's the reply from the seller:

Hi,

Thank you for your purchase, definitely the watch is a 100 percent genuine Omega and you can have its authenticity checked by any independent Swiss watchmaker.

Kind regards
    Watchcompany-1

9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 18, 2018

You should be able to claim

Edit the title to

Need help with EBay franken and return claim Please

Set a avatar and listen to the experienced people.

You will get a bit of stick for buying it in the first place but you will be £350 better off.

Janku likes this.
  10. Janku Dec 18, 2018

Ok - many thanks for your advice!