Need help with Constellation

Hello everyone! Can someone give some information on this Constellation I got for my husband in an Estate Sale? I was told it is a 1956 model. I've search all over the internet but haven't found one like it. Thanks for your help!!

I think you have a standard Omega Automatic with a Constellation caseback. Maybe the original caseback was lost and this was handy for the watchmaker.

Or maybe (but less likely) the constellation dial was damaged and replaced.

All of your answers are inside the watch.

Read up on this for guidance,

https://omegaforums.net/threads/how-do-i-identify-my-vintage-omega-watch.93146/

you can ignore the part about fakes, it's a genuine Omega.

Due to the construction of the watch it should only be opened by a competent watchmaker.

If we know what country you're in our members may be able to recommend a suitable watchmaker.

I think you have a standard Omega Automatic with a Constellation caseback. Maybe the original caseback was lost and this was handy for the watchmaker.

Or maybe (but less likely) the constellation dial was damaged and replaced.

It's a Seamaster case and looks like a ref. 2848, so it's a replacement caseback.

I would have expected it to say Seamaster on the dial, so this is a replacement dial? Or a redial? Not bad looking for sure!

It's an enigma inside a riddle wrapped in a mystery.

(Sorry Winston, couldn't resist).

PS: I just noticed that the OP doesn't have any likes yet, so she gets her for one from me.

😁

It's an enigma inside a riddle wrapped in a mystery.

(Sorry Winston, couldn't resist).

PS: I just noticed that the OP doesn't have any likes yet, so she gets her for one from me.

😁

I really appreciate your help on this! I'm in Central Fla and there are several stores that specialize in luxury watch sales, repairs, etc. I can tell you that as soon as the watch moves even slightly the second hand starts moving and it keeps perfect time, so I wasn't thinking about having it serviced at this time. But you guys have my curiosity up now so I may get an expert to open it and see what they find!

If you are near Winter Park, Orlando Watch on Park Ave would be able to handle your concerns.