Need help with buying a vintage seamaster

Hello guys, I'm new to the watch topic and looking to buy a vintage seamaster.

Do you guys have any opinion on the following watch? What would be an appropriate price for it? If it is legit ofcourse.
I really like the weekday display

Thank you in advance! I appreciate any opinion.

.2.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG 5.PNG 6.PNG 1.PNG

Is it solid gold or gold-filled? This model came both ways.

Need much better photos to properly evaluate.

I see no reason to doubt it. Value will depend greatly on the case material.

IMG_4524.png IMG_4525.png IMG_4526.png IMG_4527.png IMG_4528.png
Is it solid gold or gold-filled? This model came both ways.

Need much better photos to properly evaluate.
The seller told me that it’s solid gold with a gold value of about 500€. I got a few more pictures.

I'd prefer to see the hallmark rather than take the sellers word for it. The photos are pretty small and blurry, but if you find the hallmark, maybe you can post a cropped high-resolution image and we can help you. 500 euro would be a fairly conservative value for the gold value of a 14k watch. Obviously, that is a substantial portion of the total value. Sorry if I missed it, but how much is he asking for the watch? Is this a local cash sale from an owner?

Anyway, assuming it's solid 14k and you like the day-date format (it's not my cup of tea), then it would be worth buying at the right price. If you're new to vintage watches, just be aware that you should assume it will need a professional service, so figure that into your budget.

I'd prefer to see the hallmark rather than take the sellers word for it. The photos are pretty small and blurry, but if you find the hallmark, maybe you can post a cropped high-resolution image and we can help you. 500 euro would be a fairly conservative value for the gold value of a 14k watch. Obviously, that is a substantial portion of the total value. Sorry if I missed it, but how much is he asking for the watch? Is this a local cash sale from an owner?

Anyway, assuming it's solid 14k and you like the day-date format (it's not my cup of tea), then it would be worth buying at the right price. If you're new to vintage watches, just be aware that you should assume it will need a professional service, so figure that into your budget.

Thank you very much so far. He told me that the hallmark is on the inside of the watch. He won’t open it to not damage anything. It’s a private online sale from the owner of the watch. He is asking for 1,150€.

How much would a service usually be?

It should be clearly marked between the lower lugs 14K GOLD.

Based on the still crappy photos I think the dial may be refinished.

IMG_3712.JPG

It's true that he can't open that watch for you, but you should be able to see the gold marking on the exterior.

It could be a UK case which I don’t believe has the gold purity between the lugs.

Regardless I wouldn’t be falling over myself to buy it. The earlier 5xx caliber DeVilles are a better buy imo.

Regardless I wouldn’t be falling over myself to buy it. The earlier 5xx caliber DeVilles are a better buy imo.
What are the reasons for a 5xx?