Need Help with buying a 1968 Omega Seamaster

Hello
I’m planning to purchase a vintage seamaster from 1969 and would like some help identifiying any possible issues with the watch/movement. Some things I see that I have questions is the stain on the crown and the bezel is kinda cracked or something?
Thanks!!!

Where do you see the crack in the bezel? This would be a serious issue, I can't spot it though.

Looks like an attractive watch to me. No idea where the dirt on the crown might come from, but honestly, this isn't something that'd put me off if I like a watch. Worst comes to worst you can still have the top of the crown polished carefully or even replace it. Movement looks correct, but not like it has been serviced recently. Which is by no means a no-go, just factor it in. The bracelet is also a nice bonus. If the asking is reasonable, go for it!

It perfectly match the original reference. Very Nice
I can't see any crack. The only similar thing to a "crack" is the space between the glass and the case on the side view, but that is perfectly normal. It's where you insert the blame to open the front.

If you want you can open the watch from the front and turn it at 12 or 6 o'clock, so you will never notice :)
A watchmaker will do it for free in 2 minutes

I would be careful with this one:

Watch has been significally been polished

IMO Bezel has dubious spots at 2, 7 and 12

Upper sides of the lugs should be brushed but they are shiny

Lower right lug has seem to have two corrosion spots on the upper side

I think he might be referring to the mark on the bezel in the first photo at 7 o'clock.
Bezel.png

I would be careful with this one:

Watch has been significally been polished

IMO Bezel has dubious spots at 2, 7 and 12

Upper sides of the lugs should be brushed but they are shiny

Lower right lug has seem to have two corrosion spots on the upper side
Agree here. Lugs and bezel have been polished to the point where they look beyond saving.
I would guess the ”cracks” are only dirt but I could be wrong. Better pictures would clarify this.

The price is the deciding factor for me. I'll buy anything if the price is right.

Coincidentally a friend of mine has an identical ref 168.002
IMG_20221211_155349.jpg

Looks ok to me, the circular brushed dial is less common than the sparkle dial, matter of taste. I'm seeing some general wear, but no excessive polishing or cracks, or any other serious condition issues. Overall good, but not great, condition so just don't overpay. The BOR bracelet isn't correct for the watch IMO but looks ok.

Where do you see the crack in the bezel? This would be a serious issue, I can't spot it though.

Looks like an attractive watch to me. No idea where the dirt on the crown might come from, but honestly, this isn't something that'd put me off if I like a watch. Worst comes to worst you can still have the top of the crown polished carefully or even replace it. Movement looks correct, but not like it has been serviced recently. Which is by no means a no-go, just factor it in. The bracelet is also a nice bonus. If the asking is reasonable, go for it!

oh I meant like the little scuffs on the bezel if you zoom in you can see 7 and 12 o clock position

S
Agree here. Lugs and bezel have been polished to the point where they look beyond saving.
I would guess the ”cracks” are only dirt but I could be wrong. Better pictures would clarify this.
sorry but any way I could save the watch from the corrosion spots? Or does that depend on how deep the corrosion is?

S

sorry but any way I could save the watch from the corrosion spots? Or does that depend on how deep the corrosion is?

There is nothing wrong with the watch that I can see.

There is nothing wrong with the watch that I can see.
Can see some black spots on the case right side bottom lug and the bezel has some “cracks” 12,7 and 2 position and the brown stain on the crown. So this are just my worries if the corrosion is deeper than I think.

Can see some black spots on the case right side bottom lug and the bezel has some “cracks” 12,7 and 2 position and the brown stain on the crown. So this are just my worries if the corrosion is deeper than I think.

::screwloose::

You are describing minor flaws to the brushed finish and a superficial stain on the crown. As I said, there is nothing wrong with the watch. If these issues concern you, and you are only interested in a perfect watch, then don't even waste time starting threads to ask about the watch. In fact, your best option would probably be a new vintage-style watch.
Edited:

S

I don’t think there is any corrosion on the watch to worry about.