Forums Latest Members
  1. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 11, 2017

It has been almost a year and, apparently, you haven't bothered to open the watch up to check the reference and movement numbers. If you have, please post photos. If you haven't, don't expect a lot of help.

2. HowardMoon Feb 11, 2017

Thank you WYO.

As far as other Omega watches go, this is the closest I have seen to matching my example. There are some striking similarities, especially the hands.

I am willing to go out on a limb here and say that the watch is completely original.

Taking the back off is the first thing I should have done months ago and I will update the forum once I have this information.

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 11, 2017

Be very careful. It's extremely likely that limb won't hold you.

ac106 likes this.
  4. WYO_Watch Feb 11, 2017

No thanks needed, but you're welcome. A few months ago I was playing the match game as well - unfortunately if you don't know what you are trying to match the game doesn't work.

peg.jpg

5. HowardMoon Feb 11, 2017

My goodness afauser, you come across as so aggressive and butch, I should imagine you have very masculine limbs. Do you like films about Gladiators?

I am very busy however my interest in the watch is undiminished. I will update the charming members of the forum once I have seen the innards.

6. lillatroll Feb 11, 2017

The ebay link is a good reason why you should not trust everything you see on ebay. No clear pictures. No caseback reference number. The seller claims everything is authentic and original, but you can see bugger all that is useful to a collector.

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 11, 2017

Yes, that's me, Mr. Butch. Seriously, the patience level is extremely low for posters who refuse to follow the advice requested from and given by members who want to help you.

Vicke likes this.
  8. Snorkelflip Feb 11, 2017

View attachment 343627

I wouldn't be so sure, the eBay seller is also selling this: IMG_0428.PNG

It appears that a lot of the other watches he has for sale are redials.

The shape of the hands on this beauty look familiar....

9. ajg1960 Feb 11, 2017

Maybe you should spare yourself the aggravation and just not respond at all.

10. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 11, 2017

Pot, meet kettle.

lillatroll and Foo2rama like this.
  11. Bumper Feb 11, 2017

Hi,

I am very active on other watch groups as well, these jokers here don't know their s***, so I wouldn't bother listening to what they have to say. Look what i found recently, these 2 beautiful watches from Ukraine!
    Ukraine1.jpg Ukraine2.jpg
    The beautiful pseudo Breguet hands & silver shallot crowns are clearly original as they are on both watches. The subsidiary seconds dials are original @ the 9 O'clock position. The font of the logos match & look, you can even see the little serifs at the end of the Omega logo's feet. Obviously all original matey!
    Ukraine3.JPG

I asked these jokers for their opinion & they said the dial looks too new to be from WWII, blah, blah, blah. Yes, everyone knows that the red army reached Berlin first during WWII & had first dibs on everything, including the watches stripped off the German P.O.W.'s. Those that managed to hide their watches were sent to mother Russia as forced labor. They suffered cold, deprivation & manual labor for many years, so what would they have done? They hid the watches carefully. And when they could take the hunger no more, they traded they watches for food, blankets, medication..... But no, the "experts" here said. But i knew better, i have been collecting a long time, i am probably one of the smartest & most savvy watch collectors around. See my posts on Facebook & Twitter, i have plenty of followers.

But i digress, history is full of lessons if you learn to read. How did Henri Charriere bring thousands of Francs & even diamonds into French Penal? And even more recently, who can forget this guy?
    CW_Watch.JPG

That's right buddy! In the cave, its safe!

So don't you let them put you down, you go on believing in yourself. You can do & be anything you want if you believe!

best wishes,

William Hung

shaun hk likes this.
  12. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 11, 2017

Please god let this be amazing sarcasm.

13. WYO_Watch Feb 11, 2017

Here here! And I am second smartest - who wants to be third?
    This thread has clearly gone off the rails. About time I figure out how to change the setting so I don't get an email every time another crazy thing is posted

shaun hk likes this.
  14. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 11, 2017

Masterpiece!
    [​IMG]

15. Davidt Feb 12, 2017

Time to close OF down.

We've peaked right here.

The Mona Lisa is complete.

It's all downhill from now on.

Foo2rama likes this.