Forums Latest Members

Need help with amazing piece Omega cosmic triple calendar moonphase gold with black dial

1. Danieldaniel Feb 21, 2020

Hey dear friends, I'm looking for omega coamic Triple Date Moon Phase with black dial, the gold version.
    I made some small research online and I can see that there are 3-5 different kind of dials for the same watch. For example attached black dial that I never seen before, with the omega logo/ symbol and 12 hour mark are overlapping, it's looks like the watch is neglected/ repainted or a fake dial or omega symbol as put in wrong place, does anyone familiar with this dial? Or can suggest where can I find similar watch?

21.02.20 032.JPG 02.09.18 002.JPG 21.02.20 031.JPG
    Edited Feb 24, 2020
  2. Dan S Feb 21, 2020

Don't buy it. You are correct that the dial is repainted. There's no way the Omega symbol and OMEGA printing should be overlapping. The more you look, the more problems you will find.

3. Danieldaniel Feb 23, 2020

Thank you!

4. alexei.joukovski Feb 24, 2020

It does look odd.
    There is a auction for a black dial one that needs restoring at the moment for around $1500AUD (ebay)
    You could buy the dial from that, get it restored and then sell the bits (probably cost you $600-700) in the end.
    I have a spare dial that has been restored but it is not a black coloured one, and it has a dent in the seconds hand subdial.

I found a NOS original dial recently for about $1000 USD. They are not cheap.