Forums Latest Members
  1. melikewatches Sep 16, 2013

Hello. I have this exact model (st 166.032 cal.752) and I need a crown.
    Can anyone help? Stem appears to be in place, watch is running well but no crown. Small tube protruding; can't tell if it's a screw on crown Tec. Apologize for my ignorance - any info is appreciated

2. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Sep 16, 2013

3. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Sep 16, 2013

Sorry, just noticed those are yellow. It's the item above this on the same page.

4. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Sep 16, 2013

Not sure what you are referring to exactly when you say screw down crown, but this a crown with a threaded tube and the stem is screwed into the crown. If your plan is to try and simply screw the crown back on this will not work. You will not be able to get enough torque to secure the stem and eventually the crown will come off again. To this right, you need to gain access to the movement and have the correct tools such as a case opener and a pin vise.

Here is my example. Great dial on this watch!
    [​IMG]

5. melikewatches Sep 16, 2013

Hello,

I have a Seamaster case 166.032, cal.752 24 jewels that is missing its crown. Runs fine and after opening I can see stem appears to be there. Tube for crown protruding from case but cannot see what's inside exactly.
    Wondering the following:
    Where can I get one?
    Omega part #?
    How does it attach / is it a screw on crown?

Appreciate any help,

J IMG_0612.jpg IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg
  6. pascs Sep 17, 2013

The crown is part number 42052 ST for the steel one.

You can buy them from Ofrei or CousinsUK. It should be a crown that screws on to the stem

7. melikewatches Sep 17, 2013

OK Thanks alot to all for the incredibly fast responses and for the part number. Sorry pics were so blurry and of course dont show anything relevant...

Joe -Yes you are correct; was hoping I could just screw the new one on and go. I do however have a good tool so that I could open the case back up and clamp down on the stem (assuming that this is what you are suggesting I will need to do in order to properly afix the crown?) I think you are saying the stem will just spin if I try to screw it on without opening the case and holding the stem still.
    What I was also puzzled about was that the crown for sale on the ofrei site looks flush on the botton and there is a tube of sorts protruding from my case (assuming stem top is inside). Basically it looks like the crown would need a outjutting shaft with female threads inside to go inside that tube on the case. I hope this makes sense...Im a complete neophyte but I love watches and once again really appreciate all the friendly advice.

J

8. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Sep 17, 2013

The bottom of the crown should look more or less like this (generic picture):

[​IMG]

The crown's inner diameter should provide enough clearence for it to fit over the case tube.

Once you open the case back you need to remove the stem from the movement. Then you would place it in a pin vise and screw the crown on. There are various tricks that could be used to ensure a lasting fit, but I would be careful about this since you could shear the threaded tube.

Hope this helps.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.