Forums Latest Members
  1. iamthien Sep 28, 2016

Hello,
    I am new to this forum and new to omega watch.
    I want to know this watch is real or fake. I need expert here.
    There is 2 items i want to purchase...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swiss-Made-...82147f941:g:H34AAOSwNRdX68nT&autorefresh=truePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mans-Swiss-...091018?hash=item360977f74a:g:poMAAOSwAuZX3rKtPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 28, 2016

The movements may be Omega. The first only the movement is Omega nothing else.

The second started as an omega and parts of the case. But massively modified

These are not worth anything. And are recently modified.

mokofoko likes this.
  3. iamthien Sep 28, 2016

Thanks for letting me know. almost purchase them.

4. cvrle1 Sep 29, 2016

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 29, 2016

But, but..........they're "marriage" watches, surely this appellation lends credence to their authenticity.

6. Dero13 4 watches. All set to the wrong time. Sep 29, 2016

Man, those are quite terrible. Good thing you did not buy them.

7. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Sep 29, 2016

“The bigger the humbug, the better people will like it.”

-P.T.Barnum (att.)

ahartfie likes this.
  8. mokofoko One sad panda Sep 29, 2016

To be fair, the first listing was fairly honest--the description said it was a project watch in so many different ways. They never claimed anything aside from the movement was genuine Omega.

cvrle1 likes this.
  9. novina Sep 29, 2016

As much as I am more or less a purist in the regards of vintage watches, I do look at these with some respect. The scroll work and detail are beautiful. Not my personnel taste, but I'm not buying them. Assuming the watch actually works well, than the rest is a custom piece. If these are hand made, tooled or scrolled, and hand fitted, that says something about the watchmaker and/or craftsman. I do not support the butchery of fine Omegas, but if they saved a movement and recased it, than it is a custom watch. I wish I could actually tell you that these are hand made and not mass produced P.O.S. But I'm not about to spend my coin for this type of watch just to try to figure out if it is any good.

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 29, 2016

I kind of get where you are coming from, but to me this "over the top" style is butt ugly. In terms of what it says about the watchmaker/craftsman, the fact that the regulator is way over to one side tells me they spent more time making it pretty (in someone's eyes), than they did making it right.

I can't say I've worked on one this fancy, but I have worked on a couple of these Ukrainian nightmares (not Omega branded), and as a result, I now refuse to look at them regardless of the brand. I was just asked Tuesday to fix an Omega version, and turned the work down. Had been dropped, so likely a broken balance staff, but not something I'm interested in working on.

Cheers, Al

mokofoko, novina and Foo2rama like this.
  11. Sanmilc Sep 29, 2016

The masonic one is not bad, actualy i could use it but for me is not an Omega anymore....it is something else.

12. novina Sep 29, 2016

I agree with AL whole heartedly. That's why I put the disclaimer of "assuming the watch actually works well". As someone still learning, I did not see the regulator to one side as Al mentions. Than again, I did not want to stare to long in fear of going blind, but I digress. And as Al mentions, who would actually accept this for service? Did they compromise anything? I see possible hand scrolling, if real, it is difficult to do it right. But if all this is a sow's ear turned into a purse......than no amount of hand scrolling would save it from being a P.O.S. watch.

13. Pvt-Public Sep 29, 2016

Although the scroll work is interesting and appears well done, the reasons I would not even think about either of them (or any of the skeletonized watches) are. First the price. Second, they are so darn hard to read. I like watches that can be read at a glance, not have to study it to see the time.

14. cvrle1 Sep 29, 2016

I dont have any way to prove this, but I do believe these are just mass produced. There are just way too many of them being sold/offered on eBay and in Japan (a lot more in Japan) to be hand made. Only way these are not machine mass produced is if they have a factory full of cheap labor dremmeling away whole day, every day.

15. Waltesefalcon Oct 1, 2016

I think the second one is kind of cool in a folk art kind of way. I couldn't ever see actually wearing something like that or giving anywhere near what they are asking for it though. Okay, actually I couldn't see even owning it, but it is still kind of cool.