Forums Latest Members
  1. johnrusso Jan 12, 2015

looking to buy an omega sea master de ville. I have been doing some research and it seems you have to b[​IMG] e careful.
    appreciate any help
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vintage Omega Seamaster Deville Men's Watch - 2 Tone Dial Crosshair Auto SS 560 Restored and serviced by ebay member v_sher28. Watch has been worn less than a dozen times, Shows in excellent condition, functions as it should and keeps time. Case is 34 mm without crown. Movement is an automatic 560. Crystal is new, clear and free of any marks, scratches. Case and case back is stainless steel, lightly polished. Original Omega crown. Aftermarket Omega buckle with genuine crocodile band. Band shows slight wear from being worn a few times. nothing major, honestly described. Watch is sold as is but guaranteed to as pictured and described.

Giff2577 likes this.
  2. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jan 12, 2015

I doubt this watch has been worn less than a dozen times...it looks like it's had a pretty significant polishing done to it. The dial has also been refinished which diminishes the value. Would pass unless it's really cheap.

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 12, 2015

v_sher28 - Wasn't he banned?

Watch is an over polished piece of shit just like all the others he pawns off with flashy photos and bullshit descriptions.

Spacefruit likes this.
  4. johnrusso Jan 12, 2015

thank you for the input. i was gonna purchase the watch to wear as my daily but i guess is should pass

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 12, 2015

Banned from eBay? Don't remember seeing him here

6. johnrusso Jan 12, 2015

that guy still has an account on ebay. the guy whos selling it bought it from him. regardless of the polishing could it still last me a while without having to worry about functioning problems or not keeping time?

7. Hijak Jan 12, 2015

Don't do it, you will be sorry later. This is an over-polished turd with a terrible redial. Here's an example of how it should look...
    Wrist Shot, 7.JPG
    "Seamaster" isn't even close on the one you posted and "De Ville" doesn't have the serifs.:(

Giff2577 likes this.
  8. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 12, 2015

No banned here, but that wasn't his user name.

I think it all revolved his belligerent attitude when called on his instance on saying a dial was "original" if the metal slab came on the watch. Goes back a year or more.

9. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 12, 2015

[QUOTE="Hijak, post: 221409, member: 3305;This is an over-polished turd with a terrible redial........[/QUOTE]

New terms!

OPT and OPTWR

Hijak and Darlinboy like this.
  10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 13, 2015

Its not that Darlor watch guy from Canada? He went on a bit of a crusade on the argument that his poorly refinished slabs were 100% genuine metal slabs.