Forums Latest Members
  1. chrisanthonyj Jan 7, 2015

www.ebay.com/itm/191402876003Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    www.ebay.com/itm/121536209727Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    These two interest me wanting to pay $400 just want to make sure they are authentic any insight would help thank you

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 7, 2015

I think they are both authentic. Not sure if they are worth the $400 each.

FWIW, I like the first one a little better.
    gatorcpa

3. base615 Jan 8, 2015

Both look fine from an authenticity point of view. For that price, I'd be wary of buying a gold filled watch unless it was pristine. The fill is worn off the lugs in one of them quite badly, certainly not something I'd pay $400 for. Look for one in steel IMO. You should be able to get something decent for this price and you don't have to worry about gold plate wearing off.

FWIW though, my first vintage Omega was a gold filled Seamaster, much better condition than these but still a tiny bit of plate wear on the very edge of the lugs. It just sold for $443 US on the Bay so maybe that's the going rate now. I bought it in 2007, also on eBay for $120 so it appreciated pretty well really. I never wore it any more but it was pretty hard to pack it up and send it off :(

4. chrisanthonyj Jan 8, 2015

Thanks for the opinions I will start looking for a ss omega vintage I think that's the going price for the automatics nowadays. I will be on the lookout and post them thanks again

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 8, 2015

Both watches are actually gold plated, 40-microns, which is considerably less gold than a gold filled case.