Forums Latest Members
  1. Ko1892 Apr 30, 2015

Hi guys,
    My friend just bought this black dial Connie because the price was good, he is like me just started on Vintage watch, after knowing that original black dial PiePan is hard to find, he now worried. The watch is 168.005 Ref 24xxxxxx cal 561 which seem to be correct. But can I have your thought on the dial? I don't have or seen many of the black dial PiePan so can't really help him. Sorry about the pic not sure if they are good enough

Regards
    Ko

1430455307974.jpg 1430455657574.jpg 1430455664222.jpg
    Giff2577 likes this.
  2. Northernman Lemaniac May 1, 2015

Hi. A picture straight forward of the dial would be better.
    I am no expert on these. I am sure they will chime in soon, however the fonts and details looks correct to me.
    Surface aging also is promising.
    My guess is that it is a good one, but, as said, I am very much a novice in this part of the game.

:thumbsup:

3. jonatutu May 1, 2015

Wow such a beautiful watch. I am recently addicted to vintage omegas, especially constellation. I would love to learn how experts spot redial too!!!

4. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer May 1, 2015

Dial, hands and crown OK. Rotor has rubbed against caseback but not much. Case, exterior wise, has seen some polishing but nothing to worry about - still above avarage for a gold cap. Case back exterior can not be seen so I have nothing there. There seem to be some pitting where the O-ring seal sits on both sides between the lugs but the colour of the movement looks uniform (from what can be seen) so there cannot have been too much leakage there.

Check if there is a small omega logo in the center of the crystal. If not - then it is a generic replacement.
    In short - happy days all the way. Depending of what he paid of course.

Here is my capped 168.005 - and I think your friends case is a little better.

[​IMG]

But my dial is almost perfect - and a cross hair...(sorry for the out of focus pic - which makes the text look much "fatter" than it is).

[​IMG]

And I do not have the correct crown.

[​IMG]

Edited May 1, 2015
  5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 1, 2015

An excellent example of a hard to find dial.

The rest looks pretty good also.

:thumbsup:
    gatorcpa

6. Ko1892 May 1, 2015

Guy, thanks for the help. Now he can sleep better, I think :)
    Cheers
    Ko

7. Ko1892 May 1, 2015

Very nice watch, just show how much I appreciate it....dibs please :)

PatrickJ likes this.