Forums Latest Members
  1. csh1160 Sep 17, 2014

I just purchased this vintage Omega on Ebay and received it yesterday (wearing it today!) and am having trouble identifying the watch. Based on the serial number it appears to have been made around 1961. The case marks are a mystery to me as is the model. It came in the cardboard box, watch box (including the embossed tissue paper!) It seems it sat in someone's drawer for 50 years before being sold. The band isn't original - probably dried out over the last half century.
    Omega face.JPG Omega Inside.JPG Omega Case.JPG

Your help is most appreciated.

2. csh1160 Sep 17, 2014

After looking at the band a bit more, I'm not sure if it is original or not. The buckle says Omega in tiny letters. Perhaps the strap is too.

3. rolexfantastic Sep 17, 2014

The watch is genuine and in very good condition. The case was made by Central Boites in Bienne. As it says, the case is gold plated 60Microns and the ref. is 2902-2. SC stands for "seconde centrale" which means center seconds, which is again correct for your watch and movement.

/F

4. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Sep 17, 2014

Hi and welcome!
    For some reason 2902 isn't pulling up on the Omega data base.
    Noticed it isn't an Omega cased watch, may I ask what country this may have come from? Does case say Centara? Can't quite make it out.

Seems very nice but would love a close up of the dial, head on, no flash and on macro mode if possible.
    Also, look for faint stamping on the strap and send us a picture of that buckle wording if you can and also the packaging..

We'll do our best to help!

(edit. Thanks Rolexfantastic, I couldn't read the case maker)

5. csh1160 Sep 17, 2014

Thanks for the work so far. Yes, the 2902 is a mystery. I'm in the US and purchased it through Ebay from California. I'm a bit hesitant to pop off the back - I'm an amateur at that and don't want to damage anything. The earlier photos came from the Ebay listing. Here are some images of the back of the watch and the strap. Omega Buckle.JPG Omega Back.JPG Omega Strap.JPG

6. csh1160 Sep 17, 2014

I'll get a photo of the packaging when I get back to the house tonight and a close up of the face. No marks on the face except "Omega" under the greek letter at 12:00 and "Swiss Made" below 6:00

7. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 17, 2014

There are more references NOT in the database than actually in it, so its no surprise it doesn't show up.

8. csh1160 Sep 17, 2014

Here are the photos of the case and box. There is a faint embossed Made in Switzerland on the underside of the case and some type of sales tag tear off label at the end of the cardboard box. This watch feels like it just came out of a time capsule...

9. silviogo Sep 17, 2014

Looks very familiar..it's quite similar to mine same period 1961
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm Newby so I let to expert the comparison. Mine actually is under revision.

10. csh1160 Sep 18, 2014

Sorry, wasn't able to attach the photos last night here they are. photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG

11. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Sep 18, 2014

Packaging is phenomenal!

Would love to see that dial close up to make sure all is ok and before you wind or use it be sure to get it cleaned, oiled and adjusted.
    That will be your chance to see inside and take some good pictures.

I feel the strap is definitely aftermarket and the buckle appears to be an older style than the watch is , good pictures of both sides close up will help us make sure it is not a reproduction. Not a big deal either way.