Forums Latest Members
  1. DeVille50 Jul 12, 2018

Good Morning - I am a new member with a no day/date Seamaster DeVille that looks to be a 60's model, don't have it in hand yet to have a watchmaker open the case correctly for service recommendations or the serial number and movement number. It appears to be a genuine Omega with an original BOR Omega branded watch bracelet. I've looked at all the images available in the images Google search, the pictures here, sea.jpg omega.jpg and also current and former eBay sales of Omega Seamaster for details about the dial, movement, bracelet, and end links. Also the seahorse logo on the back. It appears to be 67-69 perhaps? Could an experienced collector look at these pictures and offer input? Thank you and I've been enjoying reading and learned from the passionate collectors of these beautiful watches. This is my first venture into the used Omega world, having more experience with older Seiko divers and hi-beat models, and a couple vintage collectible Timex Viscount and Marlin pieces. Best regards and thank you.

2. connieseamaster Jul 12, 2018

Need better picture of the dial. This looks like a monocoque case where the movement actually is removed by first removing the crystal (something best done by a trained watchmaker).

DeVille50 likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Jul 12, 2018

1963 - 1967 most likely. Can't tell you any more without pics from the insides of the watch.

DeVille50 likes this.
  4. Edward53 Jul 12, 2018

The dial is original and looks to be in good condition. The crown is a (rather ugly) replacement and as you doubtless realise, the second hand is loose under the crystal. Hard to say from these pics whether it is gold or GP, I would guess at the latter given the bracelet it's with. If you don't yet know, the weight and any hallmarks will soon tell you once it is in your hand.

DeVille50 likes this.
  5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 12, 2018

Its a mid-size, likely a B6308, 14K GF or B6671, 14K solid, caliber 670.

These were US market watches.

cimo likes this.
  6. DeVille50 Jul 12, 2018

Thanks for your expertise. Yes, it needs the correct crown, service and secondhand back on, crystal polished, band cleaned. It's likely gold filled like the band is marked too. I don't want to spend beyond its value in repairs, as it's not sentimental to me yet. Would other wiser people fix it up? Or sell it as a donor watch and bracelet?

Edited Jul 12, 2018