Forums Latest Members
  1. Bkeefe27 Apr 10, 2014

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum but not new to forums so i will preface this with, sorry for this newb question and thread.

I just inherited a watch from a family member, its an old Omega pretty beat up, but i was hoping someone could tell me more about it and if it would be worth it to clean it up and update the band. I've attached a picture to the thread.

I did do a quick search and found some examples that looked similar, but nothing with the same symbol as the one on the bottom of the face.

Again sorry for the newb thread, and thanks for any help.

20140410_204751_resized (1).jpg
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 10, 2014

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 10, 2014

Nice little Omega, maybe a Geneve. Looks like it'll come up nicely, especially if that terrible band is taken off.

4. Bkeefe27 Apr 10, 2014

Ya it has engraving on the back, it was a retirement gift. The company he worked for is now known as Cascades Paper, well thats all I've ever know it as. CCC must be a parent company.

Ya JimInOz i hope it comes out nicely, its pretty beat up, he wore it every day for a long time. Defiantly want to revive it.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 10, 2014

Don't think there was any connection between Cascades Paper (which seems to be a family-owned Canadian paper company) and Continental Can Co.

http://www.cascades.com/en/profile/history/

You'd need to do some more research.
    gatorcpa

6. Bkeefe27 Apr 10, 2014

You're right time to do more research and learn about the history of the watch.

Any more insight as to the model.

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 10, 2014

The only way to be sure is to remove the caseback to see what reference is on the inside. The movement serial number will also date the watch.

If you have the skills, tools and confidence, it's not a big job.

If you only have two of those three, get a local watchmaker to do it for you when you get it serviced.

(Do not use the guy at the shoe/watch kiosk i the mall!)

8. Bkeefe27 Apr 10, 2014

No tools or the necessary skills. I've been looking into reputable watchmakers in my area, doesn't seem to be any consensus as to who to go to. I'm confident ill find someone eventually

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 10, 2014

That's the spirit.

10. Bkeefe27 Apr 12, 2014