Forums Latest Members
  1. gusimus Mar 12, 2016

Hello there, my name is Shawn and I was just the recipient of a seamaster given to me by my father, which was given to him from my grandfather.
    I've just had it restored by a local watchmaker and am curious if anyone here can tell me anything about it,
    Seamaster Deville, cal. 562
    serial no.18304325 which i found meant circa 1961 (if my source was correct)
    case no. 147706 sc
    I kept the dial as untouched ad possible, the old shelac was removed ( it was peeling off)
    Any info would be much appretiated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Shawn

Watchtyme-Omega-Seamaster-Deville-Cal562_11_03_2016-49.JPG close up of case number.jpg watch dial.jpg
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 12, 2016

Google - Omega 14770

3. gusimus Mar 12, 2016

first thing I did

4. jimdgreat1 Mar 12, 2016

No avatar?

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 12, 2016

Dial picture would help, and a avatar.

What do you want to know. You have the caliber of movement, the year abouts it was produced and the model. You have just about everything. Dial picture would help us let you know if it's all original

6. gusimus Mar 12, 2016

I wanted to know if i was correct in the year, and was curious about why there is the "sc" stamped next to the case no. as well as the other numbers and letters under the Omega triangle

7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 12, 2016

Dial pic like this will help us also clear pics of case back, looks like service marks but hard to tell with your photos ( pics look like they come from a for sale listing as why do they have marks on them in left hand corner)
    image.jpeg

8. gusimus Mar 12, 2016

Yeah sorry about the picture quality, they come from my watchmakers site, he posted the work and I copied the pics. He's in montreal and I'm in Toronto for the weekend, so I can't pick it up until Tuesday night:(. So the extra marks under the logo might be service marks? Makes sense.i didn't realize that they would actually engrave the watch back.
    Does it sound right when I say that the crystal has to be removed in order to take out the movement even though it's a 562?

9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 12, 2016

Yep you can tell by searching the above Google I told you it's a front loader...