Forums Latest Members

Need help identifying this Rolex watch

1. 2exist Mar 2, 2018

Hello everyone,

I have been offered to buy this watch and im not quite sure if this is a Rolex oyster perpetual day date model.And if so whats it worth does anybody know.I would appreciate any feedback from you felllow OF members.Thanks

PS: Dont have better quality photo.

Rolex.jpg
  2. mario linus Mar 2, 2018

Looks like a fake

3. redpcar Mar 2, 2018

Fake. :eek: Run away.

watch3s likes this.
  4. watch3s Mar 2, 2018

fugazzi, ill admit its a very amusing one :D

5. 2exist Mar 2, 2018

Really ? what makes you guys think that its a fake ?

6. vbrad26 Mar 2, 2018

I mean maybe it is just the picture but...bezel looks bad, rehaut looks bad, font looks wrong, crown seems off too. Also the date does not appear to be magnified very well.
    Oh and it is stuck between days. I could be incorrect but I always thought that was a sign of a fake.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.

7. 2exist Mar 2, 2018

Honestly i have no idea whats fake or not,thats why im asking here because there are way more knowledgeable people about watches than me.But honestly i think its just a bad photo that makes it look maybe more fake than it would look otherwise.The watch is old so its beat up,from what ive noticed that the crown is not original but thats quite normal i have bought recently an Omega that looked pretty much questionable as well not correct hands and it was missing the original crown.But the watch was legit.But i have no idea about this one since Rolex been faked to death so i just wanna know what model it might be and do some research on it.Well as far as the watch being stuck between days could mean that the watch is not working.

8. Canuck Mar 2, 2018

F-A-K-E! Is that easier to understand? You came here for advice, but it seems you doubt the opinions offered by those you ask. It is a terrible fake, period!

mayankyadav likes this.
  9. 2exist Mar 2, 2018

I do not doubt any opinions,i was just curious what makes it FAKE like how do you know when you look at the watch that its fake ?

10. Canuck Mar 2, 2018

How do I know it’s fake? The ONLY thing about it that resembles a Rolex is the name on the dial. When trying to identify a fake, some folks look for similarities to the real thing. Others of us look for DIFFERENES.

11. 2exist Mar 2, 2018

I think that the photo the guy sent me is really poor quality so i guess i have to see them in person and maybe get it looked at by some watchmaker.

12. Canuck Mar 2, 2018

Still don’t believe us! ::facepalm1:: Over and out.

mayankyadav likes this.
  13. 2exist Mar 2, 2018

Btw the watch is not from Ebay its from a local website in my country where people sell all kinds of stuff like Ebay does.And the guy whos selling it is an old gentleman which doesnt count for anything tho.

14. jimmyd13 Mar 2, 2018

Even without my glasses and an out of focus photograph, the cyclops instantly tells you it's wrong - there's no magnification.

15. Canuck Mar 2, 2018

This guy didn’t come here for advice. He came here for an argument. He’s such an “expert”, I think we should all recommend that he buy it!

mayankyadav and R3D9 like this.
  16. Maganator Mar 2, 2018

17. redpcar Mar 2, 2018

I know a lot about this fake. Quartz movement inside made by Miyota. Some of the earlier ones actually had a Swiss quartz (good for parts). See it all the time.
    Please keep in mind, for every authentic Rolex made, there are hundreds of thousands of fakes produced (maybe more).

18. 2exist Mar 2, 2018

[
    So this model has Quartz movement in them ?

19. redpcar Mar 2, 2018

Rolex version was automatic. Your watch has a quartz movement inside.

20. 2exist Mar 2, 2018

Thanks for the info.