Forums Latest Members
  1. Blythy Jul 11, 2018

Hi everyone. This watch belongs to my father. The movement broke down some time ago, and we're trying to find out any information about the watch that we can. Reference, where we can find replacement crystals etc. Thanks for your help. 20180709_183126.jpg 20180709_183104.jpg

2. connieseamaster Jul 11, 2018

The reference is the number engraved on the inside of the case back.

ulackfocus likes this.
  3. Blythy Jul 11, 2018

I looked that up and came up blank. No images or anything. The closest thing I came up with was the case shape on the Omega website. It does match, however I would expect more information to come up about it.

4. connieseamaster Jul 11, 2018

Omega has a crap ton of models and late 70s/early 80s Seamasters aren't one of the ones that have been well documented/researched by collectors. The Omega listing gives you the year of manufacture, calibre number, dial, and original bracelet style. Not really sure what more information you could want.

The reference is more than enough for either an Omega certified watchmaker or OB to figure out what size crystal is needed.

Foo2rama and Blythy like this.
  5. ulackfocus Jul 11, 2018

I can identify it!

I can identify it!

Ooooo, oooo, I know what it is!

It's a quartz Seamaster from the 80's.

Quite frankly, if your watchmaker doesn't know where to find an Omega reference number, maybe he shouldn't be working on your Omega. We're a bunch of idiots on the internet and we knew that it was etched on the inside of the caseback, plain as day in one of your pictures.

connieseamaster likes this.
  6. Blythy Jul 11, 2018

I haven't taken it to a watchmaker yet, and I'm not at all familiar with Omega. Just thought I'd recruit a little help before I go see a professional about it.

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 11, 2018

Any reputable watch maker should have little issue with the crystal.

Also define not working? Is it just the battery?

8. Blythy Jul 11, 2018

No it needs either a complete new movement, or the biggest rebuild. Entire parts of it are missing. Screws are gone, a small gold coloured housing isn't there any longer. It looks as if someone tried to fix it but screwed up badly.