Forums Latest Members

Need help identifying the original bracelet - Omega 168.022

1. jarredgg Jun 12, 2018

Hi everyone,

My first post here and thought this would be the right place to ask. I need help identifying the model number/name of my Omega 168.022's original bracelet so I can go about looking for one. Here is an old posting I found from Mentawatches that still has the original bracelet, but it doesn't give info on the bracelet. Any help is appreciated.

Screenshot_20180607-100531.png
  2. jarredgg Jun 12, 2018

3. TropicConnie Jun 13, 2018

Welcome to the forums!

There isn't really any singularly correct or original bracelet for the watch; they were purchased as a watch head, and the bracelet or strap was chosen according to the taste of the purchaser. A cursory Google image search shows that most of these are on leather straps (by far the most common option across all Omega models were leather straps).

The bracelet in the image is a 'flat link bracelet', which was designed to compete squarely with the Rolex Oyster bracelet. As far as I know, they were intended to match with the Master series of watches (Railmaster, Speedmaster, Seamaster diver), but with the correct end links they can fit onto other models like the Constellation or dressier Seamasters. They're typically very expensive and the market is competitive due to the popularity of vintage Speedmasters.

I think that either of the 'beads of rice' style bracelets would work with it too. Perhaps you'd consider that as a more affordable bracelet option?

ConElPueblo and Foo2rama like this.
  4. ConElPueblo Jun 14, 2018

I am not sure Beads of Rice would fit this reference particularly well - but try with a 1125 bracelet - I believe that has been tried successfully before :)

5. ConElPueblo Jun 14, 2018