Forums Latest Members
  1. tevalo Jan 23, 2016

Hey,
    My dad just gave me his old Omega Seamaster which he hasn't worn in years. I know very little about watches and need some help identifying it.
    Thanks

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
  2. MyVintageOmega Jan 23, 2016

OMEGA, Seamaster, Mariner III, approx 80'S. You must check movement, there are fakes out there. Bracelet has the correct ref: #s that's a good start. Hope you find it's legit and movement image & #s will verify.

Correct watch:: below. Cal 1430 Case 396 Quartz 6 jewel (a couple hundred bucks) Sentimentality is the value!
    Suggest you keep it and wear it well.
    OMEGA, Seamaster, Mariner III.jpg

Edited Jan 23, 2016
    tevalo likes this.
  3. tevalo Jan 24, 2016

Is the case number found if i take the back off? Should i take it to someone who knows what they're doing and they check everything? It's not working at the moment so i guess it needs a new battery as well.

4. MyVintageOmega Jan 24, 2016

Yes.... case # should be on inside. Not only battery, but it may be in need of service. Of coarse take it to a watch shop (do not send to Omega)
    and they will install the Battery correctly. Also because there may be mechanical reasons that cause it to not run proper. Hope you enjoy this
    forum and look around here..... you may catch the Omega bug which isn't a bad thing. Best regards.

tevalo and JimInOz like this.