Forums Latest Members

Need help identifying an Omega watch from possibly 1950's

1. Vartix Jun 13, 2019

Hi there, so a little backstory to this is that my mothers grand mother supposedly bought a watch either here in Europe or in the US back in 1952/53 ish, I've tried to identify it myself with no luck, it looks like a seamaster, however it only says Omega and Swiss made on the front, so I went to a jeweler today and got some information on the inside, still I'm not able to figure anything out, actually more confused than before. The thing that throws me off is the part where the strap is connected, I've never seen any other Omega watch like it on the internet so here I am, I need help to perhaps figure out what this watch is actually called.

I'm hoping maybe one of you can help me identify it, I'll provide Front/Back photos as well as the internals and the metal lid. Serial number seems to be: 13625570

Thank you in advance :)

20190613_115348.jpg 20190613_115431.jpg Omega Watch Back.jpg Omega Watch Front.jpg

Omega Watch Front.PNG
  2. Dan S Jun 13, 2019

I wonder if the second digit in the serial number is something other than a "3", perhaps an "8", which would put it in the early 1960s. I'm not sure the cal 620 existed in the early 1950s, which would correspond to a 13M serial number.

Most likely this watch had no particular model name. The reference number is inside the case-back: CK11091.

Vartix and connieseamaster like this.
  3. padders Oooo subtitles! Jun 13, 2019

Vartix likes this.
  4. Vartix Jun 14, 2019

It might actually be an 8 instead of 3, it was very hard to tell, is it possible that an original Omega watch has no model name? I thought every watch did, any idea how it's possible to identify it at all if that's the case? I assume it would be worthless without a model name

5. Vartix Jun 14, 2019

Ah yeah as mentioned to the other guy, it might have been an 8 since it's very hard to tell what it is, was barely able to identify a number 6 right after, I have no idea what the rest of it means as I have no knowledge about watches and I couldn't find any information online about it

6. connieseamaster Jun 14, 2019

Documented as such extensively. Take a look at the Omega vintage database to see how many watches they made that didn't have a collection name on the dial.

By the reference number in the case back

Not at all

Vartix likes this.
  7. Vartix Jun 14, 2019

I've taken a look at the database and found a few with no model name, however I found nothing with the BK ref. number, I found 4 watches in total that had BK ref., but not the same as mine, however I found an identical watch with non original wrist band with the exact same reference number and everything that was sold on an auction in Sweden. And after some research I've figured out that Plaque = plated, and OR = gold, so the case is apparently gold plated with 20 microns if I'm correct? The watch in the auction said 1962 which is spot on as mentioned by Dan and Padders here, thank you so much for the help so far anyways! :)

8. Dan S Jun 14, 2019

I guess BK is the metal code. There is a list somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it at the moment. In any case, I think you have all the information that you're going to get about the watch. You have the serial number, the approximate year of manufacture, and the reference number. If what you're really trying to get at is the value, the answer is, unfortunately ... not much. The condition is not great, and small vintage gold plated ladies watches are not really desirable these days. Enjoy it as a family heirloom.

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 14, 2019

BK = White gold Pd 150 18 Karat + light yellow gold 18 Karat - 2N

connieseamaster and Dan S like this.
  10. Vartix Jun 14, 2019

I was never really chasing the info about value, was more the information about what kind of watch it was and when it was made ish, that was basically all I was after, but ofc the value of it passed my brain, but was never the motive of asking, it's a family heirloom nonetheless :)