Forums Latest Members
  1. BBo Oct 13, 2015

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I got this watch from my father, who received it as a gift about 10 years ago. It was bought in Italy, at a high-end jewellery shop, where I think it had been slightly serviced.

I'd like to know more about it, especially what its value could be and the model name. I spent a couple hours on google trying to find this watch and I can't find one exactly like it. Most of them do not have the seconds indicator or they have different versions.

It is manual wind, currently not functioning. Would anyone be able to tell me how much I could expect to spend to have it running again?

So.... does anyone out there know anything about what this model is? I haven't opened the case back to know the ref no. But from my research, I would dare to say it is a 1950/60 watch.

Thanks in advance for any help

2. TexasKevin Oct 13, 2015

It looks a lot like mine. Others may know more but I'd guess Cal 342 early 50's like 1950-52. Although re-dial maybe? The SWISS is not at the bottom, and mine has Automatic under the OMEGA. I'm sort of a newb, so maybe it's not the same cal as mine.

BBo likes this.
  3. devnull Oct 14, 2015

The dial is not original. If you look at the way the tick make are positioned in reference to the black lines it is extremely sloppy. Heck one even crosses over the smaller dial with the seconds hand. The Omega symbol is also sloppy. The crown is also off, not matching the color of the case. You would need to post a picture of the movement and the inside of the back for more info.

BBo likes this.
  4. BBo Oct 14, 2015

@TexasKevin @devnull thank you very much for sharing your expertise with me, I am particularly inexperienced so any suggestion is more than welcome.

5. BBo Oct 14, 2015

Thanks a lot for your comments! What do you think I should do with the watch? Shipping it to Omega to bring it back to its original characteristics would be the best (and most expensive I bet) option?

6. cristos71 Oct 14, 2015

Early 50s manual wind, probably a 30mm movement from the 2** series.

Redialed and the 5 O'clock lug also needs putting back in place.

A service will probably be 125 - 175 euros, plus parts if needed.

BBo likes this.
  7. BBo Oct 14, 2015

Thanks a lot for your reply! Do you think it would be worth being serviced? Maybe from Omega itself?

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 14, 2015

Yes.

No. No. No No No No No!

Geo! likes this.
  9. BBo Oct 14, 2015

Not value for money? I thought it would be the safest option