Forums Latest Members

need help from speedy owners

1. cabin8crew Dec 4, 2014

Hello just bought my first 2nd hand omega speedmaster.. It works fine, but as I never had a watch like that Im concerned about the clisking sound, It sounds like windong mechanism is lose.. or etc. like clicking sound ( not usual spinning, steel to steel for windong) please have a look on the video and comment bellow)

2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Dec 4, 2014

It sounds like the oscillating weight has either come off of its post, or is just about to come off. That "clicking" sounds like the weight impacting with the case back.
    Take it to a watchmaker before it causes expensive damage to the movement.

3. cabin8crew Dec 4, 2014

I just bought it from the evay (trusted seller) Id rather just return it as it says works fine and fully functional. Thank You for advice.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 4, 2014

Most likely the screw that holds the oscillating weight has come loose. Easy fix, but since this case back is a snap on type, you would need a new case back gasket and a proper press to put the case back on securely again.

Either send it back, or have them contribute some money towards getting it repaired.

Cheers, Al

ICONO likes this.
  5. ICONO Dec 4, 2014

Demonstrate clearly what the issue is, to the Seller, by sending them the video - Clear evidence of a malfunction in the movement

Suggest affirmatively, that the watch needs to repaired, either by you, or if returned, by them - Either way they need to foot that cost.

If you are courteous, & they are professional, then a resolution. one way or another, will be determined swiftly.

6. cabin8crew Dec 4, 2014

Thank You people for such a proffessional answers.