Forums Latest Members
  1. morghen Oct 16, 2018

Hello,

I bought a running omega 520 movement and dial with the idea being to find the right case and strap for it and make it a complete watch again.
    I'm by far no expert but the mechanism looks in good shape and it seems to keep time decently well.
    The dial could use some cleaning and the lume is clearly dead but it is surely the original dial of this movement.
    I dont know about the hands, i havent really seen the exact same hands on any Seamasters on the internet so they either are non original, or they are the absolute originals.

As far as i could dig out the correct case reference for this movement is 2964 or 2970.
    But until now i could not find such a case for sale.
    I'm looking for advice on where to look for the case, opinions on the piece, and maybe a link to where to find the right case and strap.
    I'm excited to wear this watch as until now i have only been wearing big watches like the modern Terra Cielo Mare Orienteering and a vintage ARSA Precision cronograph, both over 40mm in diameter and both a bit on the heavy side.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rochete Oct 16, 2018

That dial is not supposed to have lume, I think. Does the minute hand extends beyond minute markers or is it an optical effect due the photo angle?

3. tamura Oct 16, 2018

4. morghen Oct 16, 2018

I have seen that one but i dont see a picture with the reference stamped, further more the case cap is not the correct one, it looks like a modern laser engraved cap...so i dont know if that is the correct case or not.

Its an optical effect, i will get better pictures of the dial and movement tomorrow.

5. morghen Oct 16, 2018

bump!
    any more leads on the elusive case?
    thanks in advance.

6. pippy Oct 16, 2018

Patience. Some of us have been looking for parts as long as we have been collecting.

Davidt likes this.
  7. Davidt Oct 16, 2018

You don't need to bump a thread after 9 hours!

Have a free one on me but you need to appreciate this will be much more time consuming and more costly than if you had simply bought a complete watch.

X350 XJR likes this.
  8. morghen Oct 17, 2018

Young and excited :D
    Thank you.

Deafboy likes this.
  9. morghen Oct 17, 2018

Looking again at this case, its the right one with the right cap.
    Overpriced compared to other similar cases but it comes with the correct crown and acrylic so the right stuff for my movement.
    I'll take it if they agree for a lower price. Thanks for the link. Cant wait to make it a watch again :)

10. morghen Oct 17, 2018

I have learned something from a generous watch maker today, i need a gold case for this dial.
    For the chap asking above: the seconds and minutes hands are exactly the same length to cover the minute markers.

[​IMG]

11. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 17, 2018

Not necessarily true, many steel cased watches have dials with gold figures.

12. Rochete Oct 17, 2018

Thank you. Good luck finding a case, which not necessarily must be gold.

rincondeltiempo likes this.
  13. Davidt Oct 17, 2018

Makes sense though. Someone probably melted down the case and flogged the leftovers.

14. morghen Dec 7, 2018

15. morghen Jan 4, 2019

Its on my wrist. I love it.
    Thank you for the help.

9F1A4CBA-193D-4370-8BC2-2842AE6E3701.jpeg
    kkt, felsby, noelekal and 2 others like this.
  16. KingCrouchy Jan 4, 2019

Nice, congrats on finishing your project! Looks good!

17. morghen Jan 4, 2019

Hands could use a polish and new lume should be applied but all in due time :)
    For now i enjoy an amazing jewelry.

18. morghen Jul 3, 2019

I'd like to sell this watch as it sees little to no wrist time, but it seems i have insufficient privileges to post a for sale topic.
    How can i get permission to add a for sale topic?
    Thanks in advance.

19. Vanallard Jul 3, 2019

You won’t be given permission to sell on OmegaForums. You’re better off listing the watch on eBay where the less discerning and experienced crowd is more likely to buy a put together/Franken piece.

20. morghen Jul 3, 2019

Thank you for the advice. The movement, dial, hands and case are from the same reference so its no franken piece.