Forums Latest Members
  1. Dablitzer Dec 26, 2013

I hope you're all enjoying/recovering from your Xmas breaks so far...

Quick post since I don't have a huge window with this one:

I have just come across one of these straight lug speedy 105.003-65 Cal. 321's with what I have been told is all original, and has had only one previous owner who sold it as he was being promoted at work, so he got rid of this and bought a Rolex instead...

The seller said the chrono hand was a later one but original to the watch..?Everything else looks ok..But as with anything impulse and not cheap I thought I'd ask for your expertise first!

Does anyone know what size these were?

This comes with original service papers, inner and outer box and a 1039 bracelet which I don't think was original to the watch.

I'm also not sure what the market value for these is..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This would be my first real speedy purchase so I want it to be right..:)

I haven't included movement shots as I can't actually find them since most of my emails have been vanishing recently... Ah, technology!

Mods: please could you edit my title to read "could do with some "help"...as I can't seem to form a sentence this morning! :whistling:

Daniel B likes this.
  2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 26, 2013

Alex, the caseback says it's a 105.003-66.

The chrono hand, pushers and crown aren't original. The latter two aren't necessarily a big problem, depending on your views about consumable parts. The bezel is really nice. The caseback is pretty decent but the graining has been worn off through use. It would be nice to see how sharp the edges of the case are, as the photos don't really show them.

The bracelet should add about £400-500 to the total price, depending on condition. A 1039 is probably original to a 1966 watch.

The box should add about £100-150 if in good condition and the outer is decent.

For UK prices I'd say you're getting towards £3k for the watch, bracelet and box. Possibly a touch more if all the stuff we don't have pics of are very good (movement, boxes, bracelet).

3. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Dec 26, 2013

Here is one that sold on ebay recently, no bracelet but was put up in the recommended thread by MSNwatch

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271275694535Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

good luck

Dablitzer likes this.
  4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Dec 26, 2013

Wanker.

5. Dablitzer Dec 26, 2013

Many thanks for your expertise on this Warren, ai got mixed up it is a 66'.... I think the chrono hand bothers me, the seller said it can be this hand on later 66 models, but then he wants to sell the watch for as much as possible! Movement, box and papers look in nice shape, he's thinking around £3500 for the watch...

I don't know where to go from here... He lives about an hour away so I could view the watch and see if it has sharp edges as I will regret paying over 3k for polished ones..

I'll keep you updated! :thumbsup: Thanks again

6. Dablitzer Dec 26, 2013

My thoughts exactly!

7. flame Speedmaster Neil Dec 26, 2013

Hi Alex

1039 is correct for a 20mm lug Speedy only....a 1035/506 would have been usually fitted on a late 19mm straight lugger. Of course you can sell the 1039 for £400 - £500 depending on having the 20mm end pieces.

For £3.5k it would need to be all correct for me....I may have 1 or 2 suggestions if you pm me ;)

Best - Neil