Forums Latest Members
  1. wallaby-dan Aug 5, 2018

I am looking for a case back for a 166.062 Seamaster 60. They are harder to find than rocking horse poo.
    If anyone is holding, PM me and I’ll take it off your hands.

I maybe interested in any other Seamaster caseback that will fit

Thanks, Daniel

2. Davidt Aug 5, 2018

There is a dedicated WTB sub forum.

Assume you have a search saved on eBay?

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 5, 2018

Readily available from Omega. Rather than violate the rules with a WTB post in the wrong forum, find a watchmaker with an Omega parts account who can get one for you.

Dan S and felsby like this.
  4. wallaby-dan Aug 5, 2018

Clarification - the post had a few parts (1). does anyone have one to sell?
    This is like my 3rd post so yeah, I didn’t know there was a sub-section thread just for this so I am sorry for any violation. Geez Louise.

I was looking for a used one and have tried every non-AD avenue I could think of. Omega want $300 for a case back

Second part was for advice; is there another model case back that will fit? Or is there a thread just for this also? Can someone help out before I shoot myself in the other foot with a thread violation?

Thanks

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 5, 2018

Not sure where you are located (Australia?) but the case back isn't anywhere near $300 new. There aren't any shortcuts, other than paying what Omega asks for a new one, so I think you just need to keep looking. Maybe find a rusted out donor watch cheap that you can use the case back from or something.

6. wallaby-dan Aug 5, 2018

Montreal, Canada.

And thanks, I may just have to bite the bullet and pay the AD.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 5, 2018

Your AD is ripping you off.

8. Dan S Aug 5, 2018

If you have a good ongoing relationship with an independent watchmaker who has access to Omega parts, I suspect he might be willing to order the part for you. Otherwise, if the watch is due for a service, perhaps this would be a good opportunity to establish such a relationship, and the watchmaker who services the watch can also replace the case-back.

In practice, it is quite difficult to collect, restore, and maintain vintage watches if you try to do everything yourself.