Forums Latest Members

Need assistance finding Constellation TV Screen crystal

1. tickertp Jul 24, 2022

I have a stainless steel Omega Constellation ref: 368-0854 (168.0060 from 1973; 168.059 is identical but with date only) “tv screen” with integrated bracelet. I am having difficulty obtaining the proper crystal, 29.3mm almost exactly square save the tv screen shape. The so-called correct crystal is about 3.5 mm deep, with a lip around the base. When I acquired the watch, the then installed crystal was seemingly too small, leaving a gap between the case. I was able to find what I though was the correct sized replacement, but it too left the same gap. I speculated there was a missing bezel, however, the Omega corporate site has a photo of the identical watch in 14k, and there is proper fit in the watch shown with no additional bezel (Vintage Watch: Constellation OMEGA BA 368.0854 | OMEGA US® (omegawatches.com)). I would like to find the correct crystal, and will pay a fair price for it. Alternatively, if you know the correct Omega part number, I could continue my search that way. Here are some photos:

Notice gap around crystal (shows my watch)

Case with current crystal
    IMG_0312.JPEG omega-vintage-constellation-ba-368-0854-l.jpg

Official picture from Omega website.

IMG_0172.JPG

Benbradstock likes this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 25, 2022

Benbradstock likes this.
  3. tickertp Jul 25, 2022

Thanks! Only problem is that dimension of case is for a 29.3x29.3mm crystal in TV screen shape. I don't know if the 30.05mm one will fit.