Forums Latest Members

Need AR CRYSTAL for Hamilton Khaki Field Murph

1. Thrasher36 Apr 3, 2019

I received this watch yesterday and it really is a beauty but the Sapphire Crystal is horrible. No AR coating at all and reflections all over the place. I called Hamilton and they were basically useless, Won't sell me a extra crystal or gasket which means I may have to send the watch out to have the crystal coated.

Can anyone recommend a business that could do this? I know of several but I would like to hear from anyone who has anything helpful for me.
    Thank You in advance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and my new seamaster with invisible crystal
    [​IMG]

KingCrouchy and robinhook like this.
  2. robinhook Apr 3, 2019

First Murph I saw in the wild! I don't have an answer to your question, but just want to say the size looks great on your wrist. 42mm won't fit my 6.25' wrist unfortunately. If i were you I'd probably live with the reflections, not worth the hassle and forfeiting the warranty just IMO. Great looking piece and congrats!

3. Thrasher36 Apr 4, 2019

I have reached out to Hamilton part of the Swatch group and they have offered nothing. I know many great independant Watch Smiths from Los Angeles , Ohio, Florida, Texas, New York, England and France and four good AR businesses but really Hamilton should solve this.

4. Thrasher36 Apr 9, 2019

Watch has been sent to a Smith in Colorado who works at a lab where they do these type of coatings for lasers. I have used him before. Will post pictures upon its return which unfortunately will be over a month as he only does a batch every two months fortunately it's going out end of next week.

5. Thrasher36 Apr 9, 2019

before
    [​IMG]