Forums Latest Members
  1. Omegaritam Oct 22, 2016

Any help about this watch is appreciated.

OMEGA2.jpg OMEGA1.jpg
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 22, 2016

3. François Pépin Oct 22, 2016

Probably a 26,5 caliber. But we need more pics!
    The hour hand is brocken.

4. Omegaritam Jun 20, 2017

Thx for info.
    Finaly got around to take beter photos. Hope they help.
    The hour hand isn't broken as I can see. It is that small.
    The clock is owned. It belonged to my grandmother so probably bought in early 1900's.
    Tried to take photos of all things that can help. I couldn't get sharp photo of something written on the bottom (below number 6). It is just too small and I couldnt read it. Maybe I can take it to someone if it is realy important.
    Clock is gold with some bad repair job on the chain. Not realy repair but it seems to me that some links started to open and they were just "welded" on the seam.
    Tried to find some information from people I know that work with watches but it was a ded end. I would like to know what model or something about it. It will not be sold but I would like to know is it worth something or not.
    Thanx in advance.

Omega-1.jpg Omega-2.jpg Omega-3.jpg Omega-4.jpg Omega-5.jpg Omega-6.jpg
    Edited Jun 20, 2017
  5. Willem023 Jun 20, 2017

Looks like a rather smallish watch (30 mm's ?), maybe a converted pocket-watch that has been redone to the current state.
    The lettering in the bottom states 'swiss made', as you might have noticed by now by your own pictures.
    Based on the wear of the bracelet, I might opt for a golden one, from 9 Ct upwards.
    Or copper.

The bracelet has been f&^%ed up by that missing-link-that-has-been-replaced-by-some-odd-other-thingy. A decent (!) goldsmith might take care of that.
    If you want to know real info on it, have a qualified (....!...) watchmaker open up the back case, take pics of al the insides and post again, so the community (or you, yourself) will be able to tell year of manufacture and all that.

But what have you already discovered yourself on this watch?

6. Omegaritam Jun 20, 2017

You are right. The bracelet looks like some kid decided to play and and "learn".
    It is small but connection points on which the bracelet is connected don't seem to be added. At least not as bas as the bracelet looks. Now that you mentioned it it looks to me that maybee bracelet was changed. It looks like realy bad work all trough, or maybe just "child repair job". I know that it is always been considered as a woman's clock so that explaned the size. At least for me.
    Info that I got was "this watch is not for wearing but for passing on".
    It works fine. I just winded it and it goes.

7. jumpingsecond Jun 20, 2017

Not sure the exact monetary value you can put on a watch like that until you find out the model/movement etc by opening it up and checking it. Converted Pocketwatches are a little less valuable than if it was manufactured to be a ladies wristlet from the factory.
    But either way it's circa 100 years old and look how nice it looks with the rope bezel even with the hairline on the dial. And that it's still running is a testament to what is behind that dial. If it were my grandmother's watch- therein would be the value to me. I'd get it checked out, overhauled by a competent watchmaker and wear it. If nothing else- your friends and fam will marvel at the ancient and charming time keeper on your wrist.