Forums Latest Members
  1. M.T.Pham Nov 4, 2014

Dear all
    I found this Constellation, and the seller offer a little cheaper price than it stated in the web:
    http://www.vtgwatch.com/omega-const...-561-reference-14393-10-sc-vintage-watch.html
    I think it was over polished,
    With the series number (14393 10 SC), I check the series with Omega database, the watch should be 18K solid gold, but it seems not true to me.
    What is about 10-SC, I understand the there are a lot of variations, how to check that?
    The crown also seems to be not original, the gold color is not consistent between the hands and hour-markers.
    What do you think about it? Your comments are much appreciated.

Kind regards

M.T. Pham SAM_3324.JPG SAM_3326.JPG SAM_3332.JPG SAM_3333.JPG SAM_3334.JPG SAM_3335.JPG

2. M.T.Pham Nov 5, 2014

Dear
    I would like to know whether is it worth to buy that watch, and at what price is reasonable/ acceptable
    Thanks

3. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Nov 5, 2014

Hmm it's not over-polished. The lugs still have some definition and the bezel retains its chamfer. Movement looks clean. Hard to find a decagonal crown to replace the round crown but that's no biggie. Case back medallion is quite crisp.

Overall, it looks like an honest watch. Domed dial reduced its desirability just a tad. On a good day one might realise around the 750 USD mark for this piece on eBay, perhaps a bit more.

Cheers

Desmond

M.T.Pham likes this.
  4. cristos71 Nov 5, 2014

Always subjective, but for me, without checking the listing that you linked too, and just based on the look and condition that is a 350-400 euro watch.

Back is scratched up, wrong crown, looks a bit polished and might need a service....

Hope that helps

M.T.Pham likes this.
  5. M.T.Pham Nov 5, 2014

Thank a lot Mododec and Cristos
    I will not buy it, keep looking for other Constellation

6. davidswiss Nov 5, 2014

Looked like an honest piece and at the right price could be interesting.

M.T.Pham likes this.
  7. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Nov 5, 2014

It depends on what you are after - if you are looking for a pristine vintage example this is not it. What you have here is an above average example - nice dial, polished but not beat up case and movement looks clean. For a lower price it would not be a bad buy - I would agree with Desmond's price estimate.

M.T.Pham likes this.
  8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 5, 2014

M.T.Pham likes this.