Forums Latest Members
  1. omegafanaa Jun 9, 2019

I sold much of my good watches due to financial issues last year so all the rolexes went .
    Last nice watch I have is my Omega 2264
    And I'm afraid if I wear it and knick it up it will be hard to sell if I need to
    Will it still be sellable if I mark the bezel up and stuff Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg

2. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Jun 9, 2019

I think that’s a hard question to answer. Depends on the pool of available buyers and watches at the time and what price you want to sell for. It’s obvious that better condition versions will sell for a higher price than worse condition versions. Everything is sellable for the right price.

3. stuart70 Jun 9, 2019

Personally, if you are afraid to wear in case it picks up damage then for me it would be time to sell it. I have a watch to use. I am not really one for ‘safe princesses’. Oil will still dry up and gaskets deteriorate so it is six of one and half a dozen of the other.

omegafanaa likes this.
  4. jpjsavage Jun 9, 2019

Everything has a value. I'd wear the watch and enjoy it. Worrying about the resale value will spoil the enjoyment you can get one day at a time.

Twehttam and omegafanaa like this.
  5. kmacrae001 Jun 10, 2019

I agree. If you are not going to wear it our of fear of a scratch, then you might as well sell it.

6. corn18 Jun 10, 2019

I agree. When I'm wearing one of the watches I've bought to test drive, I never enjoy it much because I am always worried about dinging them and hurting resale. Especially when it's a very expensive watch. Once I decide to keep it for good, then it is much more enjoyable. There are some that I was on the fence on and never enjoyed wearing them for fear of damaging them so I sold them.

For your watch, I would sell it and know that you can always get one like it back for a reasonable price.

7. boraxman Jun 10, 2019

Wear it, enjoy it - Life is short. It will always have some sort value.

8. Fusion Jun 10, 2019

The value might go from 2,000 to 1,900 if you try really hard

So my answer is, if it's just your only watch (or even if it isn't), wear the hell out of it! The enjoyment is well worth the potential small loss in value.

By the way: check out my profile photo to see how I feel about the 2254

9. mayankyadav Jun 10, 2019

You must already know the answer considering you sold several watches already..

10. Fusion Jun 10, 2019

And quite strange that the Rolexes are sold and the bulk of the value is gone and now OP is worried about losing a small amount of value of a watch worth much less than the ones lost