Forums Latest Members

Need advice on where to get a good deal on a Sea Master

1. Ronfrohock Feb 13, 2018

Our son will be graduating from college soon and is obsessed with getting a Sea Master.
    He has been shopping around and I’m not confortable with buying off of eBay.

I’d prefer to find a legit Omega AD that can offer a good deal.

This is what he is interested in.

Please contact me with your thoughts / recommendations. Thanks in advance.

BC86C51C-23A7-4542-B8A8-B44D95814B84.png
  2. any4xx Feb 13, 2018

Most Omega AD’s will easily go to 20% off if you ask nicely. Otherwise, trusted sellers here move them brand new here every day in the $2,800.00 range. That’s how I got mine.

3. Ronfrohock Feb 13, 2018

I would like to find an AD that can offer an exceptional price in the Massachusetts area. Preferably NH because no tax.

4. any4xx Feb 13, 2018

I’ve never actually stood at an Omega counter for more than three minutes without the salesperson starting to throw lower-than-list numbers at me. I think just showing up at the closest NH AD may surprise you.

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. Ronfrohock Feb 13, 2018

Thanks for the advice. I’ll give it a try. I also wonder what would happen if I took a drive to Canada. It’s only five hours from here and the dollar is strong.

6. any4xx Feb 13, 2018

I understand your reluctance to buy from a trusted seller here, but you may just want to take a quick look at the for-sale section. That’s a very common watch and buying from one of those guys will net you the proper warranty cards, boxes, and all paperwork that you’d get from an AD.

It might be worth a phone call to a Canadian AD just to ask. Might save you a long drive.

Foo2rama likes this.
  7. Ronfrohock Feb 13, 2018

I looked in the for sale section. Nothing listed. I would purchase from a trusted verified source.
    Thanks for your help.

8. any4xx Feb 13, 2018

9. Rglaz Feb 13, 2018

This is a great watch. It wears well ! An AD would be probably give you at least 20% if they feel you are ready to buy. Search the trusted sellers and look for the full set with some warranty left. While it is rare I had a rotor go bad after a few months. My AD swapped the watch ( rare ) but i had bought several LE s from them over the years !

10. ac106 Feb 14, 2018

if you are price sensitive enough to drive 10 hours to save the tax, maybe you should consider pre-owned?

Regardless, the trusted sellers can often source a model that they do not list for sale on the forums

I would consider contacting @Kringkily or @mdgrwl and ask them if they can get one NIB with full omega warranty. or preferably a LNIB with some warranty left.

11. Shailor Feb 14, 2018

I doubt you'll do better than the one for sale on this forum which is linked above. Great watch!

IMG_0296.JPG
  12. ras47 Feb 14, 2018

Awesome watch. My first “grown up” watch was an older version of that model. Look for a trusted sell on this forum’s classified section for the best deal.

13. Caliber561 Feb 14, 2018

Some of the forum members sell watches like this and the speedmaster with the official warranty at near grey market prices. I'm not sure how they do it, but I guess you can get the best of both worlds by buying from a member here.

14. MickAv8r Feb 14, 2018

I was at the AD in Nashua recently and was quoted a price around 16% off on a Speedy. I did not attempt to haggle, but it wouldn't hurt to try but even at 20% it doesnt really touch what you can get here on the forums. I think they have more room to move on those prices but they aren't going to do that for some schmoe off the street. In any business, best prices usually go to repeat customers.

15. dbtong Feb 14, 2018

My local AD offered me close to a 20% discount on a Speedmaster Professional 2 years ago...without me asking. Different watch but just sharing my experience.