Forums Latest Members
  1. Togri Feb 6, 2014

Hey

I am new to vintage Omega and have my inexperienced eyes set on one of these. I haven't seen those types of two-tone dials in that design and no help on Omega database from ref no. Can somebody tell me more about the dials It would be greatly appreciated and perhaps which is the Best buy from a more omega experienced point of view. Price is the same. Top one is cal 267 - 15.421.XXX and bottom one is cal 265 - 12.168.XXX.

Thank you very much for any reply.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 6, 2014

I like the top one better. The patina is far more pleasing to the eye.

However, I have a problem with it from an originality point of view. That style of dial/hands screams mid-1940's to me, yet the serial number and movement are from the mid-1950's. Are you sure that it has the original movement? What is the case reference?

The bottom watch has a ugly (IMO) toning to the dial, some damage to the subdial, and incorrect hands.

You say they are the same price, but I don't know that price.

I would say to stay away from both, unless they are relatively inexpensive.
    gatorcpa

3. Togri Feb 6, 2014

image.jpg Thx for reply. This is a picture from the case back with number. The price btw is $600 with new strap.

4. ulackfocus Feb 6, 2014

gatorcpa, Fritz and rhetoric like this.
  5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 6, 2014

6. Togri Feb 6, 2014

thx very much for your time. And also comment on the price. Greatly appreciated. I will drop it and look elsewhere :) thx again