Forums Latest Members
  1. Verdulken Jan 10, 2018

Hi Guys I'm back for more expertise help. I came across this and I wonder what you guys think? Thanks a lot in advance!

Omega subseconds 36,3mm - leaf hands – 1948 - The original silver dial is in good condition. It’s patinated throughout, with beautiful leaf hands to complete the look. The steel case is in excellent condition. The crown is unsigned. The watch is a ref 2503-6, powered by a manual wind cal 265 from 1948. Service history unknown, but the watch works perfectly and keeps good time. Measures 36,3mm diameter without crown, and 44,5 mm from lug to lug.

Price is $395.

ecqVuq7.jpg GmwqEtK.jpg rJZEYns.jpg 0vqc7ct.jpg 3arDfIv.jpg 17qNjNP.jpg 194AKuh.jpg A6ib8eM.jpg an2Zuuv.jpg CZ0YmqH.jpg DA7o5xb.jpg DKyRVk1.jpg
  2. fjf Jan 10, 2018

Case very polished, and the dial suffered a harsh cleaning attempt. This is usual in watches this old. But the dial may be original, from the pics supplied. If you like it, the price is not too unreasonable. Not cheap, but might be a nice wearer.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. Verdulken Jan 10, 2018

Thanks for the insight....still thinking about it.

4. Temprus Jan 11, 2018

This is a dead watch. The dial is in very bad condition, also it is signed "swiss made" - I've strongly doubt about it originality. Usually they come unsigned or "swiss". Firstly, I was thinking thet something is wrong with the bezel, but after a closer look I think that acrylic glass come with inner ring. Why? Probably the dial is small and to cover empty space between the dial and the bezel somebody used the glass with the ring. Does the dial belong to the case?
    Buying this watch you should to understand that to make it look as it should you'll pay three hundreds more. This means that for seven hundreds you'll have properly serviced and looking watch but with bad dial. Think about.

5. numero27 Jan 11, 2018

Dead watch ? i would take care of the funerals, free of charges ! I like this watch, I like the shape of the case, the dial patina, the whole grey / silver look, it has something appealing despite all the flaws mentionned, it probably don't worth the asking price, but i would wear it

6. Verdulken Jan 11, 2018

Ah man, decisions decisions. Thanks for the responses and for sharing the knowledge.