Forums Latest Members

Need advice on Omega Seamaster 300m date change issue

1. MAH Oct 4, 2015

I placed my Seamaster on a winder to keep the movement from stopping while I was away for several weeks. What a mistake, now it changes the date between 7:30 and 8:30. Has anyone else had this issue and a recommendation for correcting the issue?

The obvious recourse is to send it in for repair, are there other options?

2. Horlogerie EU based Professional Watchmaker Oct 5, 2015

There is no reason for the winder to have changed the date change time, one has nothing to do with the other.

Date change is purely a mechanical set up, done during hand installation, so its very odd that the activation time has changed.

Probably nothing you can do about it other than take it to a watchmaker to have it looked at and sorted out.

3. Canuck Oct 5, 2015

Welcome,

You know better than anyone what the service history of your watch is. The watch winder would not in any way have caused the problem! It would likely have happened had it been on your wrist while you were traveling. The answer is not to just have the hands re-set so the calendar changes at the correct time. To prevent this from happening again, the actual cause needs to be identified and corrected, and that involves pulling the dial. It could be a missing dial washer. Perhaps have it serviced at the same time? Your other option might be to live with the problem!

I gather that the watch was telling the correct time when you placed it on the winder? Was it still giving the correct time when you took it off the winder? How such a phenomenon could have happened while you were away without the watch having apparently re-set itself is something I can't get my head around.

4. photo500 Oct 6, 2015

There is likely something wrong with the wheels and springs that drive the change mechanism. I've seen erratic changing like that on 1012 and 1002 calibers too which ended up being down to poor lubrication.

Agreed as far as using a winder, that had nothing to do with it. [emoji106]