Forums Latest Members
  1. goodman744 Sep 26, 2016

I am trying to identify a watch that was owned by my late grandfather. All I have is a leather pouch that says Omega.

I am interesting in finding as much information as possible about this watch, the model, date and an estimated value. The best information I have found so far is in this link (http://chronomaddox.com/flightmasterarticle.html). It appears to be an Omega Flightmaster c.910 (ST145.013).

I would like to have a professional fix this watch if possible. What are the best practices on restoring this type of watches and what/who should I avoid when fixing this type of watches? What is the estimated cost of fixing the issues on this watch?

List of issues with the watch:
    -The Glass Crystal appears to have faded white on the inside. The fading on the glass crystal is not very noticeable until you look at the watch at a 35 degree angle.
    -Hands are not moving.
    -Some dials don't seem to be working or moving right.

Photos of the watch:
    View attachment 287104 View attachment 287106 View attachment 287105
    View attachment 287107

Edited Sep 28, 2016
    ahartfie, ConElPueblo and Fordex like this.
  2. Fordex Sep 26, 2016

Beautiful watch! You are right on the model. Looks like the hands are new to me so it must have been serviced in the past. If you live in the states send it to Nesbits in Seattle. Or if you are overseas STS has great reviews here. It should cost around 1000 usd to service. If you want to keep the vintage look I suggest you ask they don't replace the dial or refinish the case.

3. goodman744 Sep 26, 2016

You are right, the hands look like new. I like the vintage look for now but I think the crystal glass might need to be replaced.

So far this is the other best link with useful information on this watch. It could be from 1969 to 1972, since it doesn't have the 2 dots at the 12 o'clock marker.
    http://sorethum.blogspot.com/2013/10/another-speedtimer-and-classic.html

Maganator likes this.
  4. bill5959 Sep 26, 2016

Whatever you do, do not send it to the factory. And be very specific about what you want. Get the old parts back and enjoy. It is a true privilege to carry on with one of your families watches. Wear it well!

Fordex likes this.
  5. goodman744 Sep 26, 2016

Thanks! By factory you mean sending them to the service centers in this link: https://www.omegawatches.com/customer-service/map/ ?

6. bill5959 Sep 26, 2016

Yes, do not send it to Omega. They will do what they can to restore it like new, regardless of your instructions. I would think you would like it like your gfather had it. This dings etc were earned and should be passed on IMHO. So Swiss Time and Nesbitts are your best choices because they respect the watch. The cost will probably be about $1000, but Omega will be no cheaper.

efauser likes this.
  7. goodman744 Sep 26, 2016

Thanks for the info!
    I prefer a vintage look on the watch.

8. Fordex Sep 26, 2016

Just out of curiosity... I'm unsure if you have ever had a mechanical watch before? Did you wind it?