Forums Latest Members
  1. gabriel Jun 4, 2017

Hello!
    This is my first post on this forum, but I'm a really passionate watch buyer. I'm used to focus my attention on Longines, but since a friend of mine showed me his Omega Tresor, my WBA (Watch buy addiction) start increase.

So I looked for some simple watch: I loved the DeVille and I was looking for one in great shape. I think I've found it, but the details on the dial makes me suspicious.
    Please look here: https://www.auctiva.com/hostedimage...,948294758&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0
    Third picture; if you roll your mouse on the pic you can zoom in. Now, I'm not an expert, but I have never seen this texture on a Seamaster Deville. The seller says it's called Linen Dial (I saw it on some Rolex too). This reminds me to the tresor, but I don't know if it's legit for this model or is aftermark.
    For this I would love to receive your help.

As the watch itself, just for general infos, is a cal.562, 1965 year(22xxxxxx), with gold cleats.
    For 900euro. Is the price right, for you?

Hope you can help me! Thanks!

UncleBuck likes this.
  2. kreyke Jun 4, 2017

Yeah. This texture exists. It's not rare but it's quite uncommon. The dial looks original to me and crown is correct.

I'm sure you have noticed the spots on the dial. For 900 euros, I would probably expect a cleaner dial. It does come with a BoR bracelet though.

I'm still a newbie but I do look at devilles on the bay a lot. Nevertheless, I should let the pros chime in.

3. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jun 4, 2017

Tissot clasp.

4. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jun 4, 2017

Welcome, Gabriel!
    The DeVille is a great working man's Omega and looks fantastic!
    This one is very pricey imo.
    I'd take a step back and relish the search and the research for that special watch!
    So many are anxious and live to regret that first decision. We call that the "noob" tax.

The hunt is soooo sweet!

jimil6911, gabriel and vidalalex like this.
  5. Amadeus Jun 4, 2017

¡Hola! nice watch! but it has problems: the dial with moss the hands too, the clap (fermoir) is made in Mexico, in my opinion very expensive

6. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! Jun 4, 2017

I had a DeVille with that pattern of textured dial. As said above it is not common nor is it rare. This example is priced high. Have fun with your watch search!

UncleBuck likes this.
  7. tdn-dk Jun 5, 2017

These dials exists :)

IMG_5949.JPG

TexOmega, George.A and TNTwatch like this.
  8. gabriel Jun 5, 2017

Thank you all for your kind welcome and for your replies!
    Ok then, I will keep searching (even if I already have 7 models in my "watch list")!

One OT question: Do you wear the watch you buy or you just collect them?

9. j.allen Jun 5, 2017

Lovely linen texture. I'd like to own one. Classy

10. hellenio3 Jul 2, 2017

I think it is a fair price.

11. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 2, 2017

Based on what?

12. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jul 2, 2017

What a strange first post.

13. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jul 2, 2017

@hellenio3 Your first post is validating a sellers pricing, you just signed up for the site 50m ago, and you're hitting the forum from behind a proxy/VPN. Can you give me a good reason I shouldn't delete your account?

Followup: They got binned.

Edited Jul 8, 2017
    Canuck, tamura, Davidt and 3 others like this.
  14. Edward53 Jul 2, 2017

It's ok but it's much too expensive.

GLWS.

15. gabriel Jul 2, 2017

Sorry for not have posted anymore on this thread!
    I abandoned this auction because, as many of you said, the price was too high and the dirty dial.
    But I have a great news (at least for me): I've found and bought a seamaster deville! Maybe later today I'll post some pictures! I'm really happy about it!
    Now I'm running it for 24h to see how many seconds it lose in a day, just to make a much more complete post later!

Thanks everyone!
    (this thread can be closed, if you may want to)

16. j.allen Jul 8, 2017

I'm not a market expert but I do look around quite a bit. I love this watch, but I think it's like a $625 watch.

17. TexOmega Oct 22, 2017