Forums Latest Members

Need a little help regarding a bracelet 1181/215 authenticity

1. Seaman Jan 4, 2018

Hi

I just bought from eBay two Omega bracelets with the ref no 1181/215 and I suspect that are fake because I already have two watches with the same ref. no on the bracelet and are some differences. I'm not sure because there are also differences to the ones that I already had. So the differences to the ones which I already have are:
    1. On the clasp the logo Omega it's embossed different.
    2. The end link it's a little different.

But the differences with the bracelets bought on eBay are greater ...
    1. The interior of the clasp it' not stamped very crispy..
    2. The links are solid
    3. The links are wider..

In my mind if a bracelet has a reference number it doesn't matter it was produced at 10 years difference it should look the same..so please help me to be sure if it's a fake and to return them. The seller sold them as NOS.Here are the pictures with the one of the bracelet bought on ebay :
    pic21.jpg pic20.jpg
    pic1.jpg pic2.jpg pic3.jpg pic4.jpg pic5.jpg pic6.jpg pic7.jpg

Here are the pictures with the ones I already had:

pic8.jpg pic9.jpg pic10.jpg pic11.jpg pic12.jpg pic15.jpg pic16.jpg pic13.jpg

Thank you.

pic14.jpg
  2. Seaman Jan 6, 2018

Please nobody has an opinion regarding this bracelet?

Rasputin likes this.
  3. wsfarrell Jan 6, 2018

There are lots of minor variations in clasp engraving over the years. These bracelets all look genuine to me.

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 6, 2018

Just because they are all the same reference doesn't mean they were all made by the same manufacturer, hence some variation is likely. Also specification and manufacturing processes can change as well. A perfect example is the reference 1171 bracelet which when originally specified had screwed links and the current ones have pressed in pins instead.

All look genuine to me.

VetPsychWars likes this.
  5. Seaman Jan 8, 2018

Thank you for your replies. I still have doubts because I check this reference number on Internet and didn't saw any bracelet with solid links..So I know that the bracelets from my watches are genuine..but the one which I bought on eBay it's different in so many ways..

1. The links are solid and on other bracelet are not.
    2. The links are wider
    3. The stamp on back of the clasp it's not so 'crispy'..the letter 'I' doesn't show very good and it's to near the 'N' letter.
    4. When I tried to replace the new bracelet the pin from the old one didn't fit the new one..the hole it's to small..

Please it will be great help for me if I'll see more opinions on this...

6. speedamatuer Jan 8, 2018

I have a folded link 1181/215 bracelet that I modified to fit a 20mm end link (link to guide here) so there are certainly 1181 bracelets out there without solid links. It's far from the sturdiest bracelet I've got, but I love the look.

6170B493-F92E-4874-8B03-A97C3B7F9DA2.jpeg
    maccoretti likes this.
  7. Seaman Jan 8, 2018

Yes I know that there are without solid links...but there are with solid links??? On both of my watches are without solid links..

8. Hands of time Oct 10, 2018

Seaman, did you ever get to the bottom of the bracelet issue with that 1181/215 and authenticate it? I also have that bracelet with it's discrepancies, but i can't come to terms with the fact that its a fake when it is built of such good quality. Its solid, lightweight and wears so good on the wrist. I would imagine they may well be official omega manafactured at a much later date, specifically as replacement bracelets for the earlier ones that were originally sold on the watch. This would explain the variation from the original bracelets sold with the watches. I have seen these exact bracelets being sold by numerous respectable online watch dealers and part suppliers all stating NEW. It could be the new/old stock situation.

9. wrighty321 Mar 18, 2019

Hey Seaman,

I have the same omega geneve automatic with date only, but can't find any information about it. I wondered if you knew the caliber number, model name or any other information? If only the information from the listing where you bought it. The seller I got mine from told me it was a caliber 1030 but that's a manual caliber and mine is automatic-so it must be incorrect.

Thank you for the help!

10. maccoretti May 16, 2019

Apologies for reviving an old thread but it appears there are many UK sellers offering dubious 1181/Geneve bracelets on eBay.
    It appears the links are backwards compared to a real 1181 bracelet.
    Example:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainles...ic-mens-watch-bracelet-1181-215-/133032352399Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-...m287d883b87:g:REMAAOSwGNFccSKq&frcectupt=truePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Some of these sellers are also offering Seiko Bullhead kits all with the same 6N3147 serial number - a well documented scam many have fallen for. (https://www.classictimeparts.co.uk)

11. fsohail Mar 30, 2020

I’ve come across several ‘new’ ones. The seller came right out and said these are reproductions and sold as such. They do seem better built than the originals, as expected. Question is, knowingly pay £50–80 for a solid facsimile as a daily wear? I’m looking to add one to my ~50 yo Dynamic to save the original worn Corfam strap. I believe mine should be a 1153/138 though.

Any thoughts from the gurus?

TIA,
    F