Forums Latest Members
  1. up1911fan Apr 4, 2019

If I understand correctly, one of the keepers on the strap is adjustable. Could someone explain how this works? I have a smaller wrist at just under 7" and hate when there's a ton of strap left over at the end. Just ordered the grey dial, blue marker Aqua Terra 8900 on the bracelet and would like to add a NATO for it if i'll be able to get a good fit with it.

Thanks

2. Speedy2254 Apr 7, 2019

On the buckle side the keeper nearest to the watch head is captive the other is free floating. Put the watch on, fasten at the required point
    Now run any surplus strap material through both keepers If any material sticks through the captive keeper pointing towards the watch head, double it back through the captive keeper & secure it by sliding the free floating keeper to the required position.

3. 77deluxe Apr 7, 2019

NATO should work great for you.

4. starcraft Apr 9, 2019

the keeper is not adjustable. you can however move the watch a little which determines how high the loose end sits on your wrist.
    this is an easy informative guide:
    https://watchient.com/nato-straps/

5. Speedy2254 Apr 9, 2019

Proper NATOs don't have adjustable keepers, Omega ones have one free floating keeper. I assumed this was what the OP meant. I find the Omega NATOs don't fit me properly as they're not set up like the military ones - the buckle & keepers are in different places & the Omega NATO doesn't have an overlap of material to double back - despite being longer than the military NATO.

6. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Apr 9, 2019

The Omega NATOS have an adjustable keeper, other manufacturers may not.

c2500 likes this.