Forums Latest Members
  1. ock2915 Sep 1, 2014

Hello
    I wanted to share with you some pictures of 2 NASA replica bands I bought recently
    It is an homage to the original NASA bands wore by astronauts Lovell and Schirra and I think it is a fantastic work , the attention to detail is amazing and I am delighted , here you can see them in my CK2915-3 and in the CK2998-62
    Hope you like and thanks for watching

IMG_0060._Sna.jpg IMG_0062,_Sna.jpg IMG_0065._Sn.jpg IMG_0066._Sn.jpg IMG_0081._Sna.jpg

Mad Dog, JohnSteed, TLIGuy and 3 others like this.
  2. Varasc Sep 1, 2014

Fascinating. May I ask where to find one, and if possible at what prize?

ock2915 likes this.
  3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Sep 1, 2014

I've seen several versions offered on eBay. The one I bought (a UK seller) was sized and used materials true to the original versions. There are also versions intended for wear on a bare wrist, as with the OP's version.

An authentic "flown" original worn by Fred Haise (who piloted the lunar module on Apollo 13) sold for thousands at auction. I imagine it would probably fetch tens of thousands today, as it has been a few years since it was last sold. Pretty cool piece of history - link below if you're interested.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/17402/lot/242/

Personally, I found the replica suitable for photos, but not for regular wear.

Of course if you have a matching spacesuit, it'd work very well indeed! ;)

Mad Dog and ock2915 like this.
  4. TLIGuy Sep 1, 2014

Beautiful looking straps. I have been curious about the white one Kizzi is doing. It looks great. I've tried to wear my green Velcro one but struggle to feel comfortable with it. I hope you find them comfortable for use because they look great.

In hindsight, I would have to agree with Darlinboy "Personally, I found the replica suitable for photos, but not for regular wear."

They do look great in pictures though.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mad Dog, ock2915 and Gavin like this.
  5. diggin5 Sep 1, 2014

Great photos. I just ordered one of the long ones and am awaiting its arrival!

I have a question on some of the history of these; What is the NASA provenance of the shorter green strap? Did they have these for training as with the white one, or are they just like a "cut-down" version of the long spacesuit one?

-Max

ock2915 likes this.
  6. TLIGuy Sep 1, 2014

I may be wrong but I don't think there was a shorter version made for/by NASA. Most images you see is the longer one wrapped around the wrist numerous times when not worn over the suit sleeve. I think Kizzi offers a short version of the original strap to make wearing it more comfortable for daily use.

diggin5, toddle321 and ock2915 like this.
  7. ock2915 Sep 1, 2014

Thanks for your replies ....Varasc , I bought them from member kizzi and Infind them really comfortable for daily wear

TLIGuy likes this.