Forums Latest Members
  1. Mare Nostrum Apr 27, 2013

I'm aware the above is available thru NASA and wonder if any of the members here have one ?

Care to post some pics to share ?

Thanks in advance

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 27, 2013

Not really sure what you are referring to?

3. Mare Nostrum Apr 29, 2013

As in I understand NASA crews can buy from their " In House Store " NASA spec Speedies....that's exclusively made and supplied to NASA and the public cant purchase them....Afew years ago...somebody posted such a watch on a forum...but sadly that article can no longer be found..

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 30, 2013

but I assume they are the same mechanical specs as the publicly available moonwatch? maybe just with a nasa logo or something? otherwise omega couldn't claim that the watches available to the public are flight qualified.

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 30, 2013

I would not be surprised if there was some kind of arrangement for NASA personnel to purchase Speedies from Omega, but I don't think the specifications are any different or that you would be able to distinguish them.

6. Mare Nostrum May 1, 2013

I remembered it came with stock bracelet as well as a NASA strap....front looks the same...but caseback may or maynot be different....and came in a different packaging as far as I remembered..

7. photo500 May 1, 2013

The X33 is a "Speedie" and is available for purchase only by space agencies, armed forces etc. Hasn't been available to the public for quite a few years. (Anyone know how long?) Omega custom engraves the case back with the squadron insignia or similar.

8. Mare Nostrum May 1, 2013

Actually in my country....we can just buy the X33 quite easily...